Is anyone else watching Preacher? I figured it's worth it's own thread. Preacher is an AMC original show that's well into it's 2nd season. It's become one of my favorite shows, and equally as good as other AMC shows like The Walking Dead, Breaking Bad, and Better Call Saul. Typically, it's based on a comic book series. Where season 1 takes place in the main character, Jesse Custer's home town, where he's the minister of the local church, that's not in the comics. The comics start at the very end of the first season.

The main premise is that the Preacher is blasted with a power/entity that gives him the power to make anyone obey the command of his voice. And, there's people and powers that don't really like this happening. There's angels, apparent demons, vampires, and a host of amazing characters. There's great character development and incredible writing. They manage to expand their universe every episode. I'm not going to do any spoilers in case someone wants to start now and catch up. But, I highly recommend this show

OK, I'll spoil this... in the beginning of the first episode of the first season, they kill Tom Cruise. Not a character he plays, the show kills off Tom Cruise.