Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how many of you have soft-modded your Wii?

Assault Fiend
    You're very welcome, I'll likely fix up this thread, and make it fancier, and more of a one stop than it already is. I'll be doing that once I set up my new comp, or when I'm next at a comp in general.

I'm eager to fix the post, ridding it of typos from my iTouch, but that'll have to wait.

Really though, I've truly never enjoyed the Wii as much as I have until I hacked it.

If someone were to ask me what my favorite system is, before hacking my Wii, I'd say PS3. However, after hacking the Wii it's hard to enjoy anything quite as much.

Note: DO NOT upgrade your Wiis through Nintendo EVER. They've made some terribly foolish decisions in their latest update; system menu 4.2, that can brick your Wii, even if you've never soft-modded your Wii.

Specifically speaking, Nintendo has for the first time ever decided to upgrade the boot2 memory of every Wii, to their latest build. No matter when you go your Wii, release date or not, its boot2 will be uniform with every Wii accross he board, turning each Wii into a LUX64 Wii (google it). Their coding fo the transition was really sloppy too. I'm not even sure that Microsoft or Sony have every touched their boot2 memory after releasing their systems. If they did they probably didn't force the update like Nintendo did. Because of Nintendo's poor coding, and brash move to try to contain hacking, they've bricked tons of peoples Wiis. It's even in the Nintendo forums, complaints of the update freezing and killing Wiis. It's random, you may have no problems at all, but it's still not advised to get the update.

WARNING!!!! SOFT MODDINNG YOUR WII CAN LEAD TO A F@@KING "BRICKED" SYSTEM

This message should be the first thing ppl see. Didn't read the posts but if you do this make sure you install the program that injects a boot code before nintendo's software brick can take over.
    I did this a while ago and im pretty sure MK automatic update bricked it to a huge 2 port usb charger that displays the health and warning screen with no "Press A" .
    It was awesome when i did have it tho and i have been so close after they dropped to $200 to buying another once seeing as i still have my games and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShark View Post
    rofl we're all 69 at heart

WiiBrew
    Oh and this is pretty much the most useful site for homebrew IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShark View Post
    rofl we're all 69 at heart

Germany [DE]
    UI
    Quote Originally Posted by evbrak View Post
    WARNING!!!! SOFT MODDINNG YOUR WII CAN LEAD TO A F@@KING "BRICKED" SYSTEM

This message should be the first thing ppl see. Didn't read the posts but if you do this make sure you install the program that injects a boot code before nintendo's software brick can take over.
    I did this a while ago and im pretty sure MK automatic update bricked it to a huge 2 port usb charger that displays the health and warning screen with no "Press A" .
    It was awesome when i did have it tho and i have been so close after they dropped to $200 to buying another once seeing as i still have my games and whatnot.
    This was a huge story several weeks ago, makes me wonder why people still mod their Wiis. Fiance bought the Wii so I have no say in modding it, but even if it were mine I wouldn't mod it just because the chances of it bricking are far more than I'd push my luck against.

Assault Fiend
    It's actually pretty hard to brick your Wii. You should absolutely install bootmii once you've installed homebrew. That way ou can back up your Wii. The handed of bricking your Wii are slim. Just don't do things outside of directions.

Re: how many of you have soft-modded your Wii?

I have got to give this a go this weekend...
    Code:
    if (C4 + JEEP)
      jihad_jeep = 'HAALLALAALALALALA!';
    else
      jihad_jeep = 'SOON.';

Assault Fiend

Re: how many of you have soft-modded your Wii?

Quote Originally Posted by benybenyboo View Post
    I have got to give this a go this weekend...
    Sorry for the delay. You've definitely gotta try it! I'm updating the OP with an excellent guide on how to hack any Wii! Check it out!

hmm.. i can't update the OP, why can't I edit it??

Anyway here's the link I was going to add.
    http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ : Best Full Wii Hacking Guide I know of.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12