Thread: SmashMods.com is now live!!

Assault Fiend

SmashMods.com is now live!!

Welcome to Smash Mods!

SmashMods, as you can imagine, is a place where you will find all things Smash Modding related. This is a place where you can discuss, and download the latest in the MODs. This site is home of the Counterstrikes and Team Fortresses of the Smash universe! Brawl+ is the first of the mods, which made the others possible, and is currently the most popular. However, Project: Melee, (P:M) is a hugely anticipated mod, and is likely to have a massive following upon its release (it already has a huge following now, and it's only in the alpha stages).

I'm part of the P:M development team, and can assure you guys this mod is pure win. It's amazing. The game sports many new animations, built from the ground up (for example, Falco no-longer throws his reflector, instead it forms around him--- like Fox), fancier graphical effects here and there, and Meleeified gameplay. This means MUCH faster gameplay, wavedashing (thanks to a directionally influenced air dodge), L-canceling (a technique to cut the end lag of aerial attacks in-half, or more)... faster character movement, more gravity, quicker jumps. If you're a smash enthusiast this game is for you. It won't be out for another number of months, but it's something worth following.

What do you guys think of the Smashmods website? I designed the header, the footer, the logo, and the mod buttons-- and the forum button. That was fun--- the guy coding it didn't know what font the other words were written in, as it was part of a theme pack, so he wanted me to make a "forum" button that matched the font of the other words such as "members" etc. So... instead of finding the font, which may not have been possible... I drew it--- well the missing letters. To me, it looks as though it were written with the actual font. :P

I'm excited. get pumped! Expect a lot from this site, it's new, and there's a ton on the way! ;D
    Last edited by Orca; 05-04-2010 at 03:29 AM.

Re: SmashMods.com is now live!!

Quote Originally Posted by Orca View Post
    Welcome to SmashMods!

SmashMods, as you can imagine, is a place where you will find all things Smash Modding related. This is a place where you can discuss, and download the latest in the MODs. This site is home of the Counterstrikes and Team Fortresses of the Smash universe! Brawl+ is the first of the mods, which made the others possible, and is currently the most popular. However, Project: Melee, (P:M) is a hugely anticipated mod, and is likely to have a massive following upon its release (it already has a huge following now, and it's only in the alpha stages).

I'm part of the P:M development team, and can assure you guys this mod is pure win. It's amazing. The game sports many new animations, built from the ground up (for example, Falco no-longer throws his reflector, instead it forms around him--- like Fox), fancier graphical effects here and there, and Meleeified gameplay. This means MUCH faster gameplay, wavedashing (thanks to a directionally influenced air dodge), L-canceling (a technique to cut the end lag of aerial attacks in-half, or more)... faster character movement, more gravity, quicker jumps. If you're a smash enthusiast this game is for you. It won't be out for another number of months, but it's something worth following.

What do you guys think of the Smashmods website? I designed the header, the footer, the logo, and the mod buttons-- and the forum button. That was fun--- the guy coding it didn't know what font the other words were written in, as it was part of a theme pack, so he wanted me to make a "forum" button that matched the font of the other words such as "members" etc. So... instead of finding the font, which may not have been possible... I drew it--- well the missing letters. To me, it looks as though it were written with the actual font. :P

I'm excited. get pumped! Expect a lot from this site, it's new, and there's a ton on the way! ;D
    im getting 404
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

Assault Fiend

Re: SmashMods.com is now live!!

oops. my bad. i fixed the link. lol..

Smash Mods