Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3DS

3DS

As everyone is probably aware the Nintendo 3DS releases in the US this Sunday. Will I be the only one picking one up? I love my DSI really looking forward to this.

MisterX

Re: 3DS

I'll look forward to your opinion when you get your hands on it....

Germany [DE]
    UI

Still haven't seen one IRL, but I hear it's pretty freakin awesome. Gonna have to roll by the local best buy and see one in person, though I still don't have the bones to be spending it on another portable gaming device. After all, my psp has an inch of dust on it.

Write a review once youve tested it out!

Will do. Still trying to settle on two games when i pick it up.

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar

lol Gantua you play the most videogames out of everyone at sR haha. Every time I hop on the 360 you always have the latest and greatest in terms of games.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

Hello my name is Gantua and I have a gaming problem....age and a wife that works nights has its benefits

Shit happens for a reason. GODSPEED1600M's Avatar

if they have pokemon on 3D..i might be tempted lol

seriously tho, once you get it today (sunday) put up a review, i m really curious as to the 3D concept in handhelds. with many questions in mind, i hope your review can answer most of them.

Ok here we go.... Picked it up last night and went through the normal unboxing hoopla. My first impression was that it is really small (compared to my XL) I got the cosmo blue version and its a really nice looking color but as expected a fingerprint whore.

Went through the setup and got to the the 3d setup screen and thought holy shit the 3d effect is pretty sweet. The top screen is a little larger than the bottom. But enough of that most of you want to know if the 3D is all that. I would have to say that yes it is. It's not so much things popping out of the screen as it is a great deal of depth of field added.

The 3d works pretty darn good BUT, you have to hold it in a particular way. If you move the unit around much you will have your brains leaking out of your ears. When I first fired it up I had a pretty rough time getting used to it but eventually my eyes adjusted,

Overall graphically there is no comparison between the 3ds and the Dsi. I picked up Pilotwings and Samurai warriors and both games are beautiful. The sound is a huge improvement over the DSI. I cant wait to see what kind of titles developers come up with in a year or so.

Overall I would rate the console at 8/10 one hangup i have is the size of the unit I wish it were a bit bigger. The pricing I think is a little steep at this point while it will sell at its current price point I think its actual value should of been around $169-$179. If anyone has any other questions Ill be glad to answer to the best of my ability.

Final thought: Yes it does work and its pretty flipping cool.

Blog Entries

I used one a couple weeks ago, and didn't find my eyes needing to adjust. There is (or was) a slider on the side that increased the "depth" added. It doesn't feel like true 3-d. How Gantua described it with adding depth of field is really accurate.

Gantua, I was wondering if the one you got has that adjustment slider on the side, and if so what level you have it set to

Shit happens for a reason. GODSPEED1600M's Avatar

every time i think of 3D i think of shit popping out but it seems like there s a different kind of 3D, the one that allows you to see more 'inside of the screen," if you get my drift. but meh, as long as its something new on the market, let s see how it holds up on sales.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast