Thread: Engadget's 2009 Gadget & Technology Poll Results

Engadget's 2009 Gadget & Technology Poll Results

Engadget has the final results for their 2009 gadget and technology poll. They have lists accumulated by both readers and the editorial staff that cover things like best gadget of the year, worst gadget of the year, most anticipated gadget, laptop of the year, camera of the year, and more.

I personally would have given the Palm Pre the smartphone of the year given how Palm not only promoted the product before its launch, but how they have continually upgraded and improved WebOS since that time. I do like the Droid and think it is a great platform given how it is Android powered, but to me Palm seemed to really be the first in-your-face-iPhone device to come along and deliver as promised.

Anyway, have a look at the link below and let us know what you think they got right, and what they got wrong.

Link - Engadget

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar

Re: Engadget's 2009 Gadget & Technology Poll Results

lol I'm surprised that the 3GS didn't win it again, since there are a ton of Apple fanboys on Engadget (and plenty of Apple Haters though).

The biggest thing I thought the people got wrong was the 27" iMac. Too many non-working models/display issues shouldn't have it win. Other than that (and maybe the Magic Mouse) I would agree with most of the people's choice.

On the Editors side, the only weird item is the iPhone 3GS/Moto Droid. They gave the Droid the Gadget of the Year, but the 3GS the Smartphone of the year.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

It's interesting to compare/contrast the Readers list with the Editors list. The "editors" have quite a few questionable choices. Like a $900 point and shoot camera, where the readers pick the EOS 1D pro camera.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Hmm if i lived in a small apartment a 27" iMac with Plex with an HDTV tuner would make a great media hub/entertainment center although an expensive one. Fortunately you could use the 27" iMac as a display for another system or device with a proprietary mini-display port switch box which should be coming out soon.

That 27" monitor is insanely beautiful... that is when they're not flickering and covered with a yellow tint. Though they seem to have worked that out, what a bummer for those early adopters that dealt with that. I'd be pissed.