Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast

Thread: Decline in Facebook users in the U.S?

Blog Entries

Re: Decline in Facebook users in the U.S?

Tulkas I need your social.
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

i need you credit card number and pin. and bank account and pin..
    Quote Originally Posted by VincentVega View Post
    I got played by henry, wtf!

PM me, I have all of it
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Germany [DE]
    UI

Rest, Mark

nice CTG!
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote Originally Posted by henry View Post
    i need you credit card number and pin. and bank account and pin..
    weak.

Great article Teck.

Blog Entries

NEW YORK - A new survey is countering views that social networks isolate people.

According to the study from the Pew Research Center's Internet and American Life Project, Facebook users are more trusting, have more close friends and get more social support than their non-networked counterparts.

The survey released Thursday found that, when all else is equal, people who use Facebook have 9 percent more close ties in their overall social network than other Internet users.

Facebook users are also more politically engaged than people who are not on Facebook, says the survey, conducted among 2,255 adults from Oct. 20 to Nov. 28, 2010.

Social networks are more prevalent than ever. Of U.S. Internet users, 59 percent use at least one social network. That's up from 34 percent in 2008.

The Associated Press

Blog Entries

What can someone do with the information Facebook asks? There's no credit cards, bank statements, or social security numbers asked for...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post
    According to the study from the Pew Research Center's Internet and American Life Project, Facebook users are more trusting, have more close friends and get more social support than their non-networked counterparts.
    They also are probably more susceptible to being scammed... Good or bad, we have to face the fact that virus', spyware, and other scams are very common on Facebook.

In fact, I have worked for corporations who over several years have only had security breaches when either Facebook or MySpace were involved. Good or bad, it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post
    What can someone do with the information Facebook asks? There's no credit cards, bank statements, or social security numbers asked for...
    Not to scare anyone, but this is what I can do with your Facebook information (Assuming that I use no special contacts, do not risk revealing any information that could be traced back, and do not spend more than $100):

• Name, Age, Location ---I can likely find your current and last 5+ residency's for a small "fee" (You just need to know who to call and what to say). I can also find out where your last tax return was sent. I can get a copy of your birth certificate & get your SSN. I can find out the last dozen places you worked at. I get your transcripts from your High School and most likely any College you've gone to. On top of that, I can get the same information on your parents, brothers, sisters, etc.
    • Using your list of Friends & Contacts ---I can build a network of information on your Friends, list their professions, get their personal details, map out what kind of connection you actually have with them. Some of these people are not really your friends. Like it or not, when asked the correct questions, they will probably give me additional information I can use (Burners would work great for this).
    • Using posts on your Facebook page ---I can learn about your online habits and gain/infer information from your posts. How long do you spend on Facebook at a time? Do you sometimes post from a Mobile phone, but not other times? Do you live alone? Do you like to drink? What time do you commonly logon to and use your Facebook page?
    • Using any pictures and video posted ---Most pictures and videos tend to be posted from mobiles. Most mobiles will embed that media with Meta data such as: Your name, your exact location (gps), if it was posted from a phone, etc.... If its from a Mobile and you post it as soon as you've taken it... I will have your gps location and If I'm in the area... I can visit you. ---I can also use this information to develop a map of locations you commonly visit.

That of course is just using information that is easy to get off of the average Facebook page. That's without me trying to use anything Fancy like tricking you info downloading a custom Trojan Horse that your computer cannot detect because it's not a known virus.

Keep in mind, all of that information listed above, is the kind of thing that has been proven that kidnappers, scammers, and other criminals actually use in their crimes. Granted, using common since can limit your risk... You really just don't understand how easy it is to spend a day building a file on someone and how easy a crime becomes.

Last but not least, remember... The information you post online.... Put's members of your family at risk as well. Hell, if your like me and you're not really 'online'... There are still risks due to the wealth of information out there.
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Considering hibernation ohmigosh's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The UK MOD has an ad talking about putting your family at risk...it reminds me of the old WWII careless talk campaigns.

Personal Security Online
    "Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast