Thread: What laptop should i get for counterstrike/lans

What laptop should i get for counterstrike/lans

Hi, I'm new to the forum. There has probably been questions like this but i'll ask anyways.

I play counter-strike and go to many lans. I am looking for a good laptop that would be great for that. Before I started looking I never knew about sager. But the more info I find the more they seem to kick ass. So could someone please tell me what would be the best model/specs to get on it. Thank you. :banana:

Re: What laptop should i get for counterstrike/lans

Originally posted by Leps
    Hi, I'm new to the forum. There has probably been questions like this but i'll ask anyways.

I play counter-strike and go to many lans. I am looking for a good laptop that would be great for that. Before I started looking I never knew about sager. But the more info I find the more they seem to kick ass. So could someone please tell me what would be the best model/specs to get on it. Thank you. :banana:
    Essentially, you should be looking at 2 models: The 5660 and the 8887.

In short, the 8887 is a bigger, better and heavier version of the 5660, with it's main advantage being a 16.1" screen, and a design that allows for many drives and extra features.

The 5660 is a somewhat leaner (and I use that term loosely) version, that does not yet have the 128 MB ATI card nor the 3.06 GHz processor with HT (yet, or "if ever")

Cheers.
    Bah, humbug.

Any is good for CS since it is a very old game. It all depends on what you want. As Yale said the 5660 is more portable but the 8887 is a more powerful system......for now

non-violent int'l hitman someguy035's Avatar
    it should also be mentioned that the 5660 seems to consistently score higher benchmark results. but then again, we are taking differences of maybe 50 points (in terms of the 8887)...so does it really matter? probably not.
    ::as i faced the sun i cast no shadow::

Originally posted by someguy035
    it should also be mentioned that the 5660 seems to consistently score higher benchmark results. but then again, we are taking differences of maybe 50 points (in terms of the 8887)...so does it really matter? probably not.
    I'm not entirely sure about this, but in any case, anything less than 100 points really wouldn't make any difference, in my opinion.

Cheers.
    Bah, humbug.

thank you

Thank you for your help. But does anyone have any good links to buy it cheap? Thank you.:cheers:

Re: thank you

Originally posted by Leps
    Thank you for your help. But does anyone have any good links to buy it cheap? Thank you.:cheers:
    As far as I know PCTorque has got the lowest possible prices:

http://pctorque.com/pre-notebook.php

However, others have mentioned powernotebooks to be worthwhile as well:

http://www.powernotebooks.com/

Take a look for yourself.

Cheers.
    Bah, humbug.

my 2 cents - the 5660 from pctorque.com
    DIED!: :mad: Sager 5660 | P4 2.4 | 768MB DDR | M9 64MB | UXGA Wide | 60GB 7200RPM | DVD/CDRW Combo | XP Pro :uhoh: | 802.11b