Thread: DX9 and Splinter Cell...

DX9 and Splinter Cell...

Arg. I install DX9 to run the SC demo - runs great! But then I shut off my computer [turns out wrong thing to do]. I reboot, can't run SC demo, can't run Civ3 I just installed &$#)@&$)$.

Bah, I'm just ranting; I know what the problem is. Most games set the default refresh rate over 60, which is all my pc can handle (monitor). War3 did this to me, so I went in through regedit and switched it, but I can't find anything to do the same with Civ3 and SC. Oh well...Guess I just have to wait until June [5660 comes then]
    I'm too geeky for this shirt, too geeky for this shirt, so geeky it Hertz! :smash:

Shut up, Loiosh.

Re: DX9 and Splinter Cell...

Originally posted by Skye-Taltos
    Arg. I install DX9 to run the SC demo - runs great! But then I shut off my computer [turns out wrong thing to do]. I reboot, can't run SC demo, can't run Civ3 I just installed &$#)@&$)$.

Bah, I'm just ranting; I know what the problem is. Most games set the default refresh rate over 60, which is all my pc can handle (monitor). War3 did this to me, so I went in through regedit and switched it, but I can't find anything to do the same with Civ3 and SC. Oh well...Guess I just have to wait until June [5660 comes then]
    Did Civ3 ever work in the first place? I never got it to work on my old PC, even though it was a pretty powerful rig.

Cheers.
    Bah, humbug.

OF COURSE seconds later after posting this thread I get it to work :P Seems that the first time Civ3 runs it makes an .ini, so I just had to add Refresh=60 in there.

Why couldn't they be normal and have a registry entry...:P

It runs great on my machine; here's 'da load of crap:

1.4 Athlon
    256 PC2700 DDR
    30G 5400RPM
    Geforce 4 mx440
    Windows XP Pro
    I'm too geeky for this shirt, too geeky for this shirt, so geeky it Hertz! :smash:

Shut up, Loiosh.

Originally posted by Skye-Taltos
    OF COURSE seconds later after posting this thread I get it to work :P Seems that the first time Civ3 runs it makes an .ini, so I just had to add Refresh=60 in there.

Why couldn't they be normal and have a registry entry...:P

It runs great on my machine; here's 'da load of crap:

1.4 Athlon
    256 PC2700 DDR
    30G 5400RPM
    Geforce 4 mx440
    Windows XP Pro
    Yeah, I don't know. In any case, I don't really need it that much. I've got my good ol' Alpha Centauri for whenever I get a Civ craving.

Cheers.
    Bah, humbug.