Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Duke's Smooth Creations Job

Duke's Smooth Creations Job

Smooth Creations:

I want to start off by saying, in my relatively short time on this planet, never in my life have I been so impressed by the quality of support, excellence in courtesy and level of professionalism in dealing with ANY company I have ever given money to. Smooth Creations has wowed me in every way shape and form from a customer standpoint and I could not be happier.

Please, PLEASE … understand the fact that Smooth Creations is not your ordinary custom design shop. Their level of quality and expertise is on the same level as Orange County Choppers. Custom built toys with a waiting list because the demand for the best in the biz is always high. If you have problems waiting a few weeks for your machine, stick to smaller, lesser known companies.

You may remember a certain NBF member named DarthBeavis who had his work showcased from SC and the outcomes was exquisite. DB's machines were the definitive reason that convinced me to customize my laptop to reflect something I enjoy. And what better two things to paint on my laptop than zombies. (Don’t ask its some weird obsessed I have)

My initial contact with Jim, owner of SC, began on August 21st when I sent him an e-mail stating the laptop I owned and I was interested in getting some work done. He responded eight minutes later with an initial quote and to send some pics in so he could get a better idea of what I was looking for. I sent him the pics and called him the following day to discuss over the phone some of the design work I wanted done. Jim explained to me that to use the artwork I wanted, the current lid on my 5750 would need to be removed and replaced with a Smooth Lid. I told him that sounded great and we discussed some additional details over the next few days. Jim told me that once they do a design, they never replicate the same design over again which I thought was totally cool seeing as; what would be the point of a custom painted laptop if someone wanted to copy you? Jim also gave me the option of cutting out the AW head on my 5750 and attaching it to the new smooth lid. We decided against it seeing the final design work. I sent my lappy to SC on the 29th of August it arrived at SC on September 9th (I paid $14.50 for ground shipping from Boston to OR, which looking back at it now was a mistake, I should have paid for overnight or at least next day… the longer your lappy is in the mail, the bigger of risk it could be damaged)

I called once a week to check on the status of my laptop, Jim personally picking up every time keeping me updated on the current process… telling me…"I think you're gonna like it…"

Ummm Jim… I "think" you're right.

I will be forever be sending my laptops to SC for work like this. No more selling laptops on ebay to pay for my next laptop…I am keeping them all and framing them under glass when I am through with them. This isn't a PC anymore…it's ART!

Over the next couple of days be writing more on my laptop for I literally just received this thing less than an hour ago. My heart is beating a mile a minute. If you think it’s exciting to get your Alienware back in the mail…wait till you send your lappy to SC.

Jim added a color change to the initial paint job… if you look at it from an angle you see a rainbow of colors…a type of chameleon styling if I’m not mistaken. The pics don’t really capture the essence of this laptop’s beauty. It would be like taking a picture of the grand canyon with a 3.1 Megapixle camera. My camera is 4.0MP but you can see perfectly well the craftsmanship on the graphic. So I’ve been writing for a few minutes straight already… I think I’m gonna go play with it. I dare you to try and get work like this somewhere else.

-The end dot com slash smooth creations owns me dot net

and please feel free to PM or IM me with any questions or comments. You can find me on NBF, sR, NBR and NOT [H]F.

Meets and exceeds Duke Approval
    Last edited by Dukefrukem; 02-26-2008 at 01:13 PM.

Z
    damn you people and your disposable incomes.

uzumaki...
    ...spiraling into madness

O M G!

can i have some money duke?

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    looks nice

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

That's an amazing paint job.

I just wish I had the money to do that to my laptop.

how much was it?
    Opty 165 @2.8ghz| 74gb Raptor | DFI NF4 Ultra D |Corsair 620w HX | Antec P160W | 2x 1GB OCZ DDR500 Gold Edition @ 275mhz | NEC-3550 | eVGA 7950GT KO | X-FI XtremeMusic | Logitech 5.1 Z-5300e | Acer AL2032WA 20" | Swiftech GPU + CPU WC Loop | PCIE TV Tuner

a lot...

<3 thanks guy im so happy with it

I said whisky not milk biotch!!! tate's Avatar
    Very very nice Duke, now what was the price for that bad boy and how long did it take?

Quote Originally Posted by tate
    Very very nice Duke, now what was the price for that bad boy and how long did it take?
    tate didn't read my write up

the price i will say hovers around 5 bills

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast