Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Age of Mythology on my 5660

Age of Mythology on my 5660

Have played crazy amount of AOM since I received my 5660 just before Thanksgiving. It looks awesome on the 5660 and seems to play quite well for single player. I will have to scrutinize its performance in LAN games however. The only issue I have found so far is that the mouse pointer on the screen in the game has sort of "blocking" around it at times, but not such a bad problem that it interferes with game play. People have reported similar problems playing this game on other ATI cards. Any thoughts on how to resolve?

First of course the general run through... do you have the latest drivers, patches, etc... Also, since you have heard it is a prob with ATI cards, I would recommend checking on discussion boards for that game. Generally, since mobile drivers are hard to update, fixes come out for games after the game comes out and lappy manufacturers don't update the drivers. I mean even alienware hasn't put up updated drivers for the M9 on their site, lol, HA, so in all actuality all you pay for is the paint job. You might consult Nightshade's postings about putting on the catalyst driver if you're using the one that comes with the lappy. But my friends here play that game on their M7 ATI-equiped machines and I have heard no reports of ickiness. They all have hacked drivers or newer versions if I'm not mistaken. Hope that helps!

(Also, mouse lags are often the result of having it set to too high of a resolution... try lowering it and see if anything changes)
    Habib

Sager rules. Computers rule. Cheese rules. What else is there?
    :-) Welcome to everyone! Everyone on these forums is excellent.

thanks Habib

ever the helpful one. much obliged for these good thoughts.:cheers:

Anytime :-) You can check this thread for Nightshade's input on drivers, he'll have a link for his up there in case you want them.

http://sagerforums.com/forums/showth...=&threadid=325

Good luck!
    Habib

this is your nose

:confused: sorry to be so slow, but need to confirm I understand before I change drivers and screw it up. should I just download and install (using device manager) the latest Windows 2000 driver from the list of drivers under that OS at http://www.rageunderground.com/drivers.shtml?
    given that I am running Windows 2000 of course. I had a little trouble following everything in that thread.

so I would install this one: Build 6.13.10.6200 - 5.37MB - Nov 14,2002?

many thanks

No, don't install that :-) Sorry it was so confusing, lol, Nightshade cleared it up towards the end, we had a small miscommunication about wording. Nightshade is going to find a place where you can get the 6200 drivers instead of the 6200C. The one you want is the 6200... the 6200C is the November 14, so don't get that. If I find a link for the 6200, I'll let you know. Otherwise, check back at that thread and hopefully NS will be able to find one. Good luck! Let us know if you have other questions!
    Habib

I found the radeon_7.79b2_9x_xp.rar

http://www.hardsite.dk/

where they have a list of mirrors that you can cut and paste. It is the same driver that Nightshade was talking about and I have it installed on my 8886.
    Noone, Nothing, Never!

Excellent, I will post it up on the other thread where this is a concern and credit you for the discovery :-) Thanks a ton!
    Habib

but I have Windows 2000

Redundant wrote:

I found the radeon_7.79b2_9x_xp.rar

http://www.hardsite.dk/

where they have a list of mirrors that you can cut and paste. It is the same driver that Nightshade was talking about and I have it installed on my 8886.

My response:

I assume by the xp at the end of the file name, that is a driver for use with Windows XP? I have Windows 2000, so I assume that is not the driver I want to use. Also, I have the Sager NP 5660C, not the 8886. So I assume I still need to search for the 6200C driver elsewhere or wait for NightShade to post it on that other thread?

Thanks much by the way. I am not so tech savy and not so good at finding correct drivers on the net, or knowing whether a driver is the best one, so this is a big help to me.:cheers:

Yeah, don't install those, lol, you need ones for win2k... NS has the 5660, that doesn't make a difference because it's the same card. But, the different windows version does make a difference. You might ask Nightshade if he knows where to find some (it's the thread under tech support about radeon drivers,

http://sagerforums.com/forums/showth...=&threadid=325

Ask in there and NS will definitely see it. I will look when I get a chance though :-) Don't install 6200C drivers, either, even if they're for win2k. Those are different than the 6200.
    Habib

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast