Poll: Which Browser Is Your Favorite

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1237 ... LastLast

Thread: The Browser Gambit

Thanks, Coffee!
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

United States [US]
    joe
    also voted before I saw the post...

anyway, first I'll tackle Opera, which isn't bad in terms of performance/features, but it's definitely not as smooth as any of the others (even IE), and therefore it suffers moreso than it should...

I don't use any extensions, add-ons or other crap that can be attached to your browser, I don't disable ads or scripts, or tweak how it looks (besides the default options of menus and buttons)...basically it comes down to which browser operates best "out of the box", and that's Chrome...it has excellent performance, looks great, is designed to feature the web content that your viewing instead of itself, and is very easy to use and quick to get around...

IE is also very simple and easy to use, but it's performance is it's main problem, and that's something that I don't know will ever be fixed...while Firefox is great performance wise, it's clunky and somewhat meh in default mode...it's great for tweaking and customizing/organizing to each user's individual nit-picky specific tuning, but I'm not that user...I want a generic do-it-all fast as a mofo easy to use nice to look at browser, and like I said above, that's Chrome...

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    What do you find Chrome is better at, that you'd use it even 20%?
    It's fast, that's all. Basically I hit the Chrome icon instead of Firefox, and if I'm not needing my extensions, I don't bother changing back to FF, so it ends up about 20% of the time.

FF has the rack..

Not to be too much of a FiOS snob, but speed's not much different for any of them. Even IE is fast. I like the feel of Firefox. Transition from IE was simple. I like the favorites and recents. It seems much more polished than Chrome... which has a distinctly obvious open-source aroma I doubt they're ever shed.

Not much of why I like one over the other is measureable, so pretty much none of my opinions here matter... Chrome just feels cheap and buggy.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    IE takes longer to open and longer to render pages for me. Chrome is fast, but FF is almost as fast.

doesn't really matter what the internet speed is.

yeah, it's rendering speed.

I couldn't hear anything DJ_Wheels's Avatar
    Not to be too much of a FiOS snob, but speed's not much different for any of them. Even IE is fast. I like the feel of Firefox. Transition from IE was simple. I like the favorites and recents. It seems much more polished than Chrome... which has a distinctly obvious open-source aroma I doubt they're ever shed.

Not much of why I like one over the other is measureable, so pretty much none of my opinions here matter... Chrome just feels cheap and buggy.
    What does that even mean? You are anti-open-source, yet you like firefox?

I have no problems with open source. That said, they have a tendency to have less features, more bugs, and lower compatibility than retail equivalents. Now, no browser is a retail product.. they're all free but that's the closest comparison I can make.

United States [US]
    joe
    I have no problems with open source. That said, they have a tendency to have less features, more bugs, and lower compatibility than retail equivalents. Now, no browser is a retail product.. they're all free but that's the closest comparison I can make.
    the point is that you're comparing two open source browsers (Chrome AND Firefox), yet using the nature of their development as a negative for only one of them...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1237 ... LastLast