Thread: Windows Mobile 6.5 Video

United States [US]
    joe

Windows Mobile 6.5 Video

I should note first and foremost that this is Windows Mobile 6.5 Build 23022, which is NOT the version most likely to be shipped as default on WinMo 6.5 phones coming this Winter. However it should be available as an update at some point.

In short, it looks good, while at a quick glance I didn't see anything revolutionary, it appears to be a solid platform that perhaps Windows Mobile can build for the future on (and hopefully move away from the current train wreck that WinMo is).

Link: Exciting New Windows Phone Build Leaks On Video - Mobile Phone News - TrustedReviews

United States [US]
    joe
    This post reserved for CoffeeShark MS lovefest.

The xda-devs have been posting a lot of these lately. Some show off some really nice features in others the big deal is moving a button. I like what I've been seeing, but I'm wondering if they're going to fix the things that are wrong in the smartphone, ie non-touch screen versions.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    6.5 is a holding point until 7, which will allegedly contain the full Zune experience, silverlight for mobile, and Jesus.

I really wouldn't be surprised if the majority of 6.5 'improvements' disappeared in 7.

6.5 is cool looking for sure, but coffee's right... isn't 7 supposed to be out soon?

not til next year - prob summer of '10.

United States [US]
    joe
    Wasn't 6.5 supposed to be out last year?

There's some nice ideas there. I like relocating the OK button on the lower left. The magnification and the volume have been addressed by Samsung already on what they overlay atop WinMo 6.1. Two side buttons double as volume up and down or magnify in or out. But overall, it looks like they're definitely building towards something.

Maybe off topic, but as far as 6.5/7.0 phones... the dedicated Windows button, can't a manufacturer change their BIOS to use an existing button for this? I have 2 I could call good candidates fot that. One being the voice command button on the right side... never use it, don't know anyone who does.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    There's some nice ideas there. I like relocating the OK button on the lower left. The magnification and the volume have been addressed by Samsung already on what they overlay atop WinMo 6.1. Two side buttons double as volume up and down or magnify in or out. But overall, it looks like they're definitely building towards something.

Maybe off topic, but as far as 6.5/7.0 phones... the dedicated Windows button, can't a manufacturer change their BIOS to use an existing button for this? I have 2 I could call good candidates fot that. One being the voice command button on the right side... never use it, don't know anyone who does.
    I would guess, since there will be touch phones, that the dedicated Windows button can be virtual, or a remap.

schweet
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253