Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 60656970
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: General Mobile Device Thread

Re: General Mobile Device Thread

The Huawei Honor Note 8 @ 6.6inches could be another option on the cheap Huawei Honor Note 8 With Ginormous 6.6-inch QHD Display Is Headed To U.S. | HotHardware
    Demoralized likes this.

New York is pushing to have police carry a device nick-named the "textalyzer". If you're in any kind of car accident (or any other pretense they imagine), they will demand to see your phone, plug into it, and scan it for information about when the last text messages occurred. No warrant. No 4th amendment protections. They demand access to your phone. Of course, you can refuse, just as you can refuse a breathalyzer...but you will automatically lose your license. They're claiming that having a license is implied consent to this kind of gestapo bullshit.

So, what if you have your device set to automatically reply to any text message with "Hey- I'm driving right now and I'll get back to you when I can"? That IS a thing. What about setting your phone to read you the message? That's a thing, too. Neither one would constitute distracted driving by any measure. What if your passenger is replying to your texts? This is a slippery slope that every state will start to push. New York is the biggest nanny state and often leads the vanguard on this over-reach of government into your lives. Expect it where you live...soon.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/AP6fb76...91711edc36f480
    >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    New York is pushing to have police carry a device nick-named the "textalyzer". If you're in any kind of car accident (or any other pretense they imagine), they will demand to see your phone, plug into it, and scan it for information about when the last text messages occurred. No warrant. No 4th amendment protections. They demand access to your phone. Of course, you can refuse, just as you can refuse a breathalyzer...but you will automatically lose your license. They're claiming that having a license is implied consent to this kind of gestapo bullshit.

So, what if you have your device set to automatically reply to any text message with "Hey- I'm driving right now and I'll get back to you when I can"? That IS a thing. What about setting your phone to read you the message? That's a thing, too. Neither one would constitute distracted driving by any measure. What if your passenger is replying to your texts? This is a slippery slope that every state will start to push. New York is the biggest nanny state and often leads the vanguard on this over-reach of government into your lives. Expect it where you live...soon.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/AP6fb76...91711edc36f480
    I believe they already have something like that. A friend who is an NYC cop in a bunco squad of the computer crimes unit once showed me a device long ago that had several connections on it including mini and microUSB along with a 30 pin dock (old iphone) connector which was designed to make a forensic image of the phone which could be run in an emulator and unlocked. I'm sure they have something more updated now.

Should they just make driving illegal and give us glorious public transportation? I mean, you can text all you want on a bus and the bus drivers won't ever break these rules. Heck, with only public transportation, who needs bus drivers? just make them self-driving.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

that's actually where things are heading, some think. Fleets of commercially own autonomous electric vehicles

Why do you hate children?
    >: 4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote Originally Posted by DennyCrane View Post
    Why do you hate children?
    They're gods little speed bumps.
    DennyCrane likes this.

lmao
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 60656970