Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Google Nexus 7 Tablet Review

Blog Entries

Re: Google Nexus 7 Tablet Review

Quote Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post
    That adds a bit of thickness I'm not sure I like... but it does have the smart cover feature that wakes and puts the display to sleep, so my folks might be interested. Especially for a trip.

Oh yeah... got another Nexus 7. I looked all over yesterday and located one an hour and a half away. I wasn't interested in driving 3 hours for a superfluous tablet, so I did more checking. Still no joy. No one had one remotely locally (I could have gone to Canada and MAYBE have gotten one at a Staples there, but then there's duties and things that would have jacked the price). So, I decided to go over to the same GameStop I got the first one at to put down a deposit. Talked to the same guy I've dealt with before on these tablets, then the manager walks over, apologizes for interrupting, but tells the dude that someone that had one reserved called and backed out claiming some family medical emergency. Did I want that one?

DO YOU ACCEPT CASH????

So here we are with Nexus #2.
    Tulkas likes this.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Quote Originally Posted by Tulkas View Post
    Denny, did you run into unboxing problem?

I almost didn't do this, simply because I never understood the "ceremony" of unboxing. But after this video, I figured why not... it's not that hard... but I was kind of rushing and did hit a snag on the inner box. But still faster than the people in that other video. Watch how simple that outer box is. Chinese fingercuff principle. And my lack of fingernails didn't help.

Blog Entries

Look into the Nexus screen. It's got a problem with it's grey scale. The good news however, is that it can most likely be fixed. It's an error in factory calibration.

The Google Nexus 7 Display Stumbles and Falls Short

Yeah, that dude trashed the iPhone 4/4s screen, too. He's a generally unhappy person.

Nexus 7 Vs the Kindle Fire- These 2 are the Coke and Pepsi of mini tablets, and until the Apple mini tablet wanders onto the scene later this fall, these 2 will be the ones setting the standard.

Nexus 7, Kindle Fire tablet comparison video Ľ Phone Reviews

OK, watch this commercial. Watch the ENTIRE commercial.

This ad is being trashed across the 'net by people who never bothered to watch the whole thing. They never get the fact the dad and son are in their own frakking backyard. On their home's wifi. Take a look at this gem:

Nexus 7 at Nexus of Bogus Hocus Pocus? Tips, Tricks & Deals | WIRELESS AND MOBILE NEWS

Besides the typos "int he" article, it's hilarious that she completely misses the fact they're not out in the woods at all. She's walks through the entire article with a huge PUNCH ME sign stuck on her journalistic forehead. Plus, she has to get her lefty political views in, too:

Quote Originally Posted by Wimo
    They capture a frog. Due to global warming itís really hard to find a frog anywhere, nowadays, nonetheless a backyard.
    Hahahaha... really? And "nonetheless a backyard"? Snicker...

Anyway, there's articles like this all over the place and they're all lulz-worthy.

And, there's this...
    I mentioned there's no camera app included with the Nexus 7. You can access the camera through Skype and other apps, but no dedicated camera programming is included. No biggie for me, especially considering there's no rear-facing camera. Just the lil' 1.2mp front-facing thing. But, if you insist on making the MySpace DuckFace, preferably with a shower in the background, there is a fix. One of the guys over at MoDaCo came up with a simple camera launcher app and it's on the Google Play market:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...cameralauncher

I tried it and it works well. I'll probably never use it since it's a LITTLE hard to aim a camera at something when the screen is on the same side as the lens... but ya never know.

Blog Entries

I must have stepped on a couple frogs just taking a step out the door.

Jesus.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

fucking frogs are everywhere. Yes, some species have died off, like... species do all the time. The link to global warming is tenuous, at best, and the scientists writing the big article on harlequin frogs downgraded GW from 'causing' the frog deaths to 'contributing' to it.

Hard to know if that unboxing vid is proof of bad design or simply a damning indictment of the modern education system. I'm sure it can't be as hard as they made it look.

I'd love to see that lot trying to unbox a condom, it'd be inside out with about 17 holes... maybe thats why they became tech reviewers instead

("fucking frogs are everywhere" - you should come here Coffee, its far worse... I live in France)
    DennyCrane likes this.
    :banawoot: Wh@t i L@cK in qu@lity... i M@KE uP foR wiTh Qu@ntity :boss:

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234 LastLast