Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Phone and Tablet App Review Site

Blog Entries

Phone and Tablet App Review Site

I want to start an app review site. Mostly iPhone for now, hopefully expand to Android phones and all tablets (The touchpad is hacked to android, so not fully reliable).

What would you like to see most in a review? Pictures? Pro/Con? Be able to vote on the app?

Re: Phone and Tablet App Review Site

So you're thinking of putting together a web site like the revision3 show App Judgement?

Screen shots are helpful, as are listing all the positives and negatives. Is the app free, free with ads, paid without ads, paid with ads? The voting concept is kinda cool and if it catches on and the site becomes popular it could be useful although it will most likely get gamed like the Google Play store or iTunes already are.

For your site categorize your apps well so people can find stuff, it will be especially useful if you ever get a shit-ton of reviews indexed.

Blog Entries

Right now, just a review site. I haven't seen the revision3 show, but I'll watch some now.

I'm not sure I want to do video reviews just yet.

I'm really looking at different ways of doing a review site mainly. I see a lot, and good and bad. And then some other things that might help, like a TL;DR one sentence or something quick like that.

DennyCrane gives good in depth reviews with pictures and all. Provides videos when needed. They are easy to understand, provide relevant information. Those might be great too.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

honestly, there are so many apps, there prob can't be enough app review sites.

I'd say split them into subject groups, rate from 1-10, 4-5 pics of the app, video if it's a game, single paragraph description, and also do a 'tag' or 'similar to' feature where you could, for example, tag all the 'online storage' apps so ppl can find similar apps to the one they're currently looking at.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShark View Post
    honestly, there are so many apps, there prob can't be enough app review sites.

I'd say split them into subject groups, rate from 1-10, 4-5 pics of the app, video if it's a game, single paragraph description, and also do a 'tag' or 'similar to' feature where you could, for example, tag all the 'online storage' apps so ppl can find similar apps to the one they're currently looking at.
    I thought of the 1-10 scale, but I think that's even too difficult for my simple mind, despite coming from Marketing Research.

I like the plain old. Bad, Ok, Good. Also, the occasional, must have.

I would like a master list of apps to have. I know I spoke about this before, but staples like a sports app (like espn), cloud app (dropbox), etc for various stuff. As you said, so many apps, and tons of review sites. Also want to differentiate it.

Blog Entries

What sites does everyone use to currently read app reviews or do you just use your respective stores?

I like including a better understanding of the paid app or not. Most just categorize it as paid or free. Having the 4 categories gives more info, without over loading the person.

Right now, I'm thinking of combining what most of you suggested. Small review with prices, pictures, ratings, tags, and categorized (possibly under multiple categories). And then perhaps select larger reviews on the scale of Denny Crane and some other websites.

I want to eventually do interviews with developers and promotions and all that good stuff in time.

I'm presuming you're only going to review free apps?
    VincentVega likes this.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

rofljesus

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

yes.... come to the dark side, Denny. Feed your hate...
    DennyCrane likes this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast