Page 11 of 169 FirstFirst ... 61011121621 ... LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Health Care Bill

Germany [DE]
    UI
    all that doesn't take away from the fact that our President (and everyone around him) is a fucking moron.

but... change!

The bill is essentially DOA. The principle players have been called to the white house to regroup.
    I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by article
    With the public’s trust in his handling of health care tanking (50%-44% of Americans disapprove), the White House has launched a new phase of its strategy designed to pass Obamacare: all Obama, all the time. As part of that effort, Obama hosted a conference call with leftist bloggers urging them to pressure Congress to pass his health plan as soon as possible.

During the call, a blogger from Maine said he kept running into an Investors Business Daily article that claimed Section 102 of the House health legislation would outlaw private insurance. He asked: “Is this true? Will people be able to keep their insurance and will insurers be able to write new policies even though H.R. 3200 is passed?” President Obama replied: “You know, I have to say that I am not familiar with the provision you are talking about.” (quote begins at 17:10)

This is a truly disturbing admission by the President, especially considering that later in the call, Obama promises yet again: “If you have health insurance, and you like it, and you have a doctor that you like, then you can keep it. Period.” How can Obama keep making this promise if he is not familiar with the health legislation that is being written in Congress?
    so now he's directly issuing orders to bloggers, on a bill he doesn't understand but continues to promote with falsehoods.

excellent.

Morning Bell: Obama Admits He’s “Not Familiar” With House Bill » The Foundry

He likes the idea of socialized healthcare... as he liked the idea of bailouts, opposing Iraq, etc. When it comes down to the nuts and bolts of any policy, he's proven over and over he just doesn't understand the thing. I said this before the election and it's still true.

Obama is an empty suit.

He's happiest reading a speech.

he doesn't care what's in the bill, as long as it gets universal health care going

It's his legacy on the line now.

...lol.

I guess to make it fair to those that never can read the bill before it's voted on (even with the whole "it'll be out for five days!" and "transparency!!" ) they decided that they won't even look at it either!
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogik View Post
    ...lol.

I guess to make it fair to those that never can read the bill before it's voted on (even with the whole "it'll be out for five days!" and "transparency!!" ) they decided that they won't even look at it either!
    I have read the draft portion. It is pretty much a piece of shit. Believe me, I am for some sort of health care reform. This is just not it. Too many loopholes, kick backs and such for this to work for the people. How can anyone in their right frame of mind believe this to be good?

1. Requires you, as a citizen of the United States, READ CITIZEN, to have a qualified health care plan. If you do not have such plan in any given month you will be taxed. That tax has not been disclosed.

2. What qualifies as a plan?
    All health insurance would be required to have guaranteed issue and renewal, modified community rating, no exclusions for pre-existing conditions, no lifetime or annual limits on benefits, and family policies would have to cover “children” up to age 26.

A qualified plan would have to meet one of three levels of standardized cost-sharing defined by the government, “gold, silver, and bronze.” Details TBD.

Plans would be required to cover a list of preventive services approved by the Federal government.

A qualified plan would have to cover “essential health benefits,” as defined by a new Medical Advisory Council (MAC), appointed by the Secretary of Health and Human Services. The MAC would determine what items and services are “essential benefits.” The MAC would have to include items and services in at least the following categories: ambulatory patient services, emergency services, hospitalization, maternity and new born care, medical and surgical, mental health, prescription drugs, rehab and lab services, preventive/wellness services, pediatric services, and anything else the MAC thought appropriate.

The MAC would also define what “affordable and available coverage” is for different income levels, affecting who has to pay the tax if they don’t buy health insurance. The MAC’s rules would go into effect unless Congress passed a joint resolution (under a fast-track process) to turn them off.
    Health insurance plans could not charge higher premiums for risky behaviors: “Such rate shall not vary by health status-related factors, … or any other factor not described in paragraph (1).” Smokers, drinkers, drug users, and those in terrible physical shape would all have their premiums subsidized by the healthy.
    1. The bill would create a new pot of money for state gateways to pay “navigators” to educate people about the new bill, distribute information about health plans, and help people enroll. Navigators receiving federal funds “may include … unions, …”

Taken from the draft. Not sure what has changed since then but like I said....FAIL.

do yourself a favor, make sure you have health care now, and keep it as long as you can afford it. Don't let it lapse. Use that grandfathering clause until you're a grandfather.

in about 20 years, you'll be able to pick up chicks just saying "I have private health insurance".

Page 11 of 169 FirstFirst ... 61011121621 ... LastLast