Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 378913 ... LastLast

Thread: The Presidential Debates

Quote Originally Posted by DominiKing View Post
    Alls I know is that if the reps win, minorities and the so called middle class are in a bigger shit-hole.
    Yeah... try actually researching the issues and the congressional records. Throughout history and specifically in the 1960s civil rights movement, it was the democrats who fought against every piece of civil rights legislation. This includes Al Gore's dad, Al Gore Sr.
    President Bush has appointed more minorities to higher positions in a presidential administration than any other president in history.
    If you want to go WAY back, President Lincoln was a republican and the southern slave owners who fought to keep slavery were democrats.
    Just some inconvenient truths about the 2 parties and minorities.
    ~
    And the middle class? Please... that's just more left wing class-warfare tactics. The facts are, republicans (including McCain) support tax cuts for ALL tax payers. And the fact is... the top 50% of wage earners pay 96% of the nations taxes.
    Don't get sucked into the talking points and rhetoric thrown out by the democrat party.
    I can only conclude that I'm paying off karma at a vastly accelerated rate.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar
    Alls I know is that if the reps win, minorities and the so called middle class are in a bigger shit-hole.
    If you care to actually back this up, I'd be glad to listen, otherwise I'll just figure that it's another post-and-run with no facts behind it.

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chode_messiah View Post
    was thinking the same thing.
    I was surprised, there are only a few posts about it since last night, and they weren't all gushing over Obama.
    Quote Originally Posted by joe View Post
    I watched it on PBS as I hate all the extra graphics, summaries and instapolls that most other networks have, so I didn't see any split-screen, did it make that much of a difference? People also seem to be harking on the fact that McCain didn't look at Obama, which I don't see as that big a deal.
    I watched it on Fox, for the most part it just had a little thing at the bottom saying Presidential Debate 08. Switched between that at CNN a few times and they had some graph thing the whole time that was annoying.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

Blog Entries
    I heard the VP debate is very structured. Pre-submitted questions... basically everything regulated

Quote Originally Posted by CmdrTulkas View Post
    I heard the VP debate is very structured. Pre-submitted questions... basically everything regulated
    I think both sides are afraid of off-the-cuff comments.

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

Sorry to take this way off topic but....
    You need to check out The Millionaire Next Door: by Thomas J. Stanley this book isn't a book on how to get rich but a summary of their findings of a huge study of millionaires in America. This study was conducted in the mid 90's. If I remember right at that time around 3 1/2 percent of Americans had a net worth of 1 mill + some interesting information paraphrased from memory below.

• They are comprised of all different ethnic backgrounds

• by far most are 1st generation self made millionaires starting with nothing.

• many many are not college educated

• many work in "dull normal occupations"

I completely believe that anyone in America can be successful if they work hard and have the tenacity to succeed. The above findings help support my belief.

When someone says they cant do well because of this or that they are only beating their selves. And when it comes down to it I cant beat you the government (either party) cant beat you. You can only beat yourself.

and finish off with one of my favorite quotes

'The nine most terrifying words in the English language are, 'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.'
    -- Ronald Reagan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by K_Dog View Post
    I completely believe that anyone in America can be successful if they work hard and have the tenacity to succeed. The above findings help support my belief.
    I happen to agree...
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar
    Time said that Obama "won" the debate.
    Grading the First Presidential Debate - Yahoo! News

I lol'd. They must not be watching the same debate.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 378913 ... LastLast