Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Need For Speed: Shift - A step in the right direction

Need For Speed: Shift - A step in the right direction

If you're like me, you've been unimpressed with the last two Need For Speed releases: Pro Street and Undercover.

EA appears to be cleaning up their act with this latest release (at least, from initial game footage), and are producing a game that appears to be much like GRiD.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuq9HZw_T2g"]YouTube - Need For Speed Shift - Teaser Trailer HQ[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by gamespot
    After a long stint as an arcade racer, Need for Speed is heading into simulation territory with Need for Speed: Shift. Announced in January as part of a three-game announcement that includes Need for Speed: Nitro and Need for Speed World Online, Shift takes a new, more realistic approach to racing and will be going head-to-head against seasoned pros Gran Turismo and Forza for the attention of serious racing fans...

read the full review here

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    damn, that's big!

Sic vis pacem para bellum Essen's Avatar
    Looks more promising than the previous ones, but with Burnout Paradise, I'm really only looking forward to the next installment of Gran Turismo.

I'm working my way through GRID now it's freaking awesome I've had the game since it came out but i've failed to complete it until now lol
    Antec Nine Hundred HomebrewV2.9.1 | Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9650 @ 3.4ghz |4gb 800mhz ddr2 corsair xms2 led ram | WD VelociRaptor 300gb(x3) |Dual 1GB GeForce GTX 285 XXX Cards | Asus Striker Extreme | 1000Watt Enermax Galaxy | Windows 7 Pro | Sony Bravia 32' LCD | Windows 7 Performance Score 6.9 |3d Mark 06 23,106 |

Accounts: - Digg - Vimeo - Twitter - Revision3

Platanos con salami... DominiKing's Avatar
    I've heard so many good things about Grid and i'm dying to try it out. THis looks a lot better than the crap they've been dishing out, Pro Street was supposed to be good but it was just more NFS crap. I want it to go back to the days of PGR and Rallisport Challenge, NFS was always waaaaay too arcady
    "Bounty hunters. We don't need their scum!" [SIZE=1]-Admiral Firmus Piett

Sounds pretty cool. If its similar to GRID I may very well jizz in my pants

Quote Originally Posted by DominiKing View Post
    I've heard so many good things about Grid and i'm dying to try it out.
    GRID kicks ass. Get it! Theres also a demo available, only a few google clicks away
    My Flickr Photostream
    Quote Originally Posted by Jfluff View Post
    I had my first experience at the original Super Duper Weenie today. It was pretty awesome.

when I think of arcade racers, I think of the Cruisin' series. What an awful game. The Rush series always beat the pants off it

edit: this made me go dig out GRiD again. what a terrific game. Just wish there were more options, like weather :s
    Last edited by DNvCross; 03-25-2009 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig View Post
    damn, that's big!

Developers realize that there is a gap between development cycles of the hyper-realistic racing games (Forza 3, Gran Turismo 5) and are hopping at the chance to get some realistic type racing in there. This game does look pretty sweet.

Shift reminds me of GRID almost exactly, just watching the video made me think. "Did they take a video of GRID and change the name of the game?"

This looks very promising... Grid is a great game if only because its making people up their games all around

Platanos con salami... DominiKing's Avatar
    I downloaded the demo and I don't know what happened, I can't seem to get the settings right. I'm racing in a straight line and suddenly the car whiplashes out, I also can't get the acceleration to my liking. I spent about 20-30 min trying to get it right but it's not working out for me. I honestly can't remember the last time I did bad at a racing game. I still play PGR, Forza, MotoGP, Rallisport Challenge, GT (PS3) and I can race with no problems. Anyway, I'll try it again some other time. The game looks great btw, maybe if I had a racing wheel?

edit: I put a couple of my boys on it to try it out and they haven't figured it out either. I'm bummed that this is happening
    "Bounty hunters. We don't need their scum!" [SIZE=1]-Admiral Firmus Piett

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast