Thread: Shacknews Explains The New Battle.net Service

Shacknews Explains The New Battle.net Service

The new Battle.net will feature standard panes for news, profiles/avatars, and achievements. The biggest news was the new "Real ID" system, which allows players to communicate across all of Blizzard's games in Xbox Live fashion.

Real ID also links achievements across all of Blizzard's games and characters, meaning players won't need to re-earn achievements on one character that they earned on another.

Pardo went into detail on custom map support. Map makers can now publish their work directly to the service.

A future system that won't be available at launch dubbed the "StarCraft 2 Marketplace" will allow players to find and browse maps, and rate and comment on those maps. The system will also support "premium" maps, which map makers can choose to charge a fee for.

The party system works in a similar way to inviting buddies in World of Warcraft. Once in a party, the leader can select the game and begin the match. After the round is over, the party simply heads back out to the party lobby.
    This actually looks pretty good. I just hope that they support 3rd party maps, hacks (legit ones on closed server/realms of course), and other community created goodies.

Link - Shacknews

thought it was kinda interesting that you could actually make money selling your maps (if they're good enough). that's pretty cool stuff.

But I don't like having to pay for any maps. that's stupid.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

ooo, i like the last tidbit!

get decals for your armies!

this is exciting stuff
    turkey sandwiches

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyLogik View Post
    But I don't like having to pay for any maps. that's stupid.
    Exactly. Its already frustrating paying $10 for 3 maps (which everyone else has) on top of a $60 console game.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD