Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Diablo 3 to Feature Real Money Auction House, Always on Internet Connection

Worst. Player. Ever. SonicSpeed's Avatar

Diablo 3 to Feature Real Money Auction House, Always on Internet Connection

So the game that everyone here has been waiting for forever (which still doesn't have a release date), has a new feature announced, an auction house that will use actual real-life currency to sell items. Sounds awesome right? Its gets better because Blizzard will not only take fees from items when they are put up for sale, they will also take money from items when they sell, and then they will take money when you cash out your money back into actual dollars!

Okay, so my midnight ramblings aside, it seems to be a cool new feature for those who don't have the time to actually play the game as much as say... Craig would.

But the real negative thing is their new DRM scheme which will require you to be on an active internet connection at all times to play D3. This is a huge drawback for someone like myself who might play this using a laptop at school, where the WiFi goes down a lot. For me this will mean more time possibly playing Torchlight 2.

Diablo 3 to feature player-to-player real money auction house for virtual items | Joystiq
    Jewtino likes this.
    Desktop
    Dell Precision T3500 | Intel Xeon W3530 2.80Ghz | nVidia GeForce GTX 570| 24GB DDR3-1600 |
    Laptop

Thinkpad W530 | Core i7-3840QM 2.8Ghz | 16GB DDR3-1333 | Quadro K1000M | 256GB 840 EVO mSATA | 15.6in FHD LCD

Considering hibernation ohmigosh's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: Diablo 3 to Feature Real Money Auction House, Always on Internet Connection

Interesting thing to try, seems like it would have taken a lot of set up and prep time with all the legal/financial things.

Did like this quote "And then the people that really want to generate cash, because they have a lot of time on their hands, they'll hook up the third-party payment provider and cash out."
    "Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual."

There will be good money to be had in the firs week then after the complete tsunami of items entering the auction house everything will be worthlesss in short order.

Quote Originally Posted by Gantua View Post
    There will be good money to be had in the firs week then after the complete tsunami of items entering the auction house everything will be worthlesss in short order.
    but there will always be the dozen or so items that peeps cant play without......

I hope blizzard knows what they're doing - people would complain enough in games where digital items were lost. real money is a different beast all together.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

I imagine this will be big for the pvp aspect of the game where people have to have the best equipment and items. Then you'll here stories of people spending hundreds to be on the top.

The newest Settlers game has always-on DRM. Even through steam. I was playing late one Sunday night and my internet went out. It locked up my game and I lost progress. I was super annoyed.

But I guess I deserve that, since I pirate every game that I can.

Where I actually dont, and I'm a responsible, paying customer..

Blog Entries

I'll just stick to my random finds. And then I'll find some amazing fucking axe the size of a planet with attributes higher than the US debt ceiling and people will BEG me to join the auction, and It'll value in the DOZENS of cents and I'll say "Nay scallywags! Keep your grubby Doritos-colored mitts off my jupiter-sized cheese cutter!"

and I'll be drawn and quartered and instead of asking for mercy I'll scream "FREEDOM!!", or pick another movie from 1995 I can quote, but stay away from my planet smasher you bastards!

Blog Entries

You do realize that this means that people could play the game to gain items and sell them for $$$. This basically means that somebody could play this game and make $$$!
    Edited by Teck:
    did you really just ask if Bo has his cwp?

he shot his name into the application form from 1000 yards... while on a Segway... One handed with his USP in .45ACP... While doing pushups AND eating his sandwich...

Sounds interesting. I play the AH in WoW and I used to have over 1 million gold and then got hacked. If done right, could be a money making business, but Chinese Farmers will always control the market. It is like calling their names.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast