Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 267812 ... LastLast

Thread: Star Wars Galaxies SWG

battery

Why is there a graphics lag with the battery out? I"m getting close to buying this sucker. Yeah I hear ya on time, i don't have enough it! I'm still playing morrowind and trying to join a clan with black hawk down!

But luckily, both my bosses are playing at work so I can play a little bit at work.

Anyone get the strategy book? it's super thick.
    RIP -> Sager 5660, 2.8 ghz, Midnight Blue, DOB: April 2003, Deceased January 30th, 2006

New Acer 8204 owner. Laptop can seriously crank!

I have the book. It's not bad, but nothing really that you can't pull up online somewhere (except for the maps). I did pull a couple tidbits from it that I hadn't seen anywhere else, and it is presented in a different way, but...

Basically, I like books, and so I bought it. If you don't care for them much, you won't really be missing out on that much. Really a personal preference on this one.

-JEV
    Sager 8887 P4 3.06 HT, 1GB RAM, ATI M9 128MB, CAT 3.5 drivers (s-seven.net rocks!)
    Mr. Cole's Axiom:
    The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.

AquaTarkus
    Nope. Not paying - not even gonna get involved in mmorpg. I downloaded AC2 having never even touched a mmorpg and when I got done with the training and was on the cliff looking over this massive world full of things to do, I gasped in awe - and instantly removed the demo from my PC.

Neverwinter Nights keeps me going online - the expansion is GREAT.

Fees? Not a chance. At 50 bucks a pop for the software they should include a YEAR of online play.
    All I want from the Universe is 10 minutes with the source code and a quick recompile.

About the graphics lag with the cord disconnected:

I don't know, i believe it's because the system can't get enough power, or it might be b/c my battery has finally had it, (which on an 8887 ... with it only being able to hold one battery ... seems to happen :P)..

If they gave us a year free they would be out of business within 6 months..

well i did it

Well i finally got the game. A lot to take in at once so I"m gonna spend the time tomorrow to play it.

One thing I got a problem with is that I can't use my scroll on my mouse. I got the mx700 logitech wireless. Anyone have those problems?
    RIP -> Sager 5660, 2.8 ghz, Midnight Blue, DOB: April 2003, Deceased January 30th, 2006

AquaTarkus
    I had an mx700 and returned it for just this reason - the hardware was great, the drivers were junk.

I couldnt get it to scroll properly under any conditions. It was just about useless for gaming.

Best performance I got out of it was by removing the logitech software entirely, unplugging them from usb, plugging back in and using only winxp drivers, although then my choices were limited.
    All I want from the Universe is 10 minutes with the source code and a quick recompile.

hmm

Yeah, this is the first time the scroll wouldn't work. The mouse works perfect in Black Hawk down. Maybe I'll use the Microsoft mouse that came with my Sager for SWG.

I think the game is worht the $15 a month. Someone had mentioned that it's the price of going to a movie with popcorn etc. I've only been playing SWG for a day and it's been awesome. I'm usually not much into RPG's much less MMPORGs but right away SWG has gotten me addicted.

mouse scroll works

Yes! Anyone with the MX700 and has XP, download the latest drivers/software from Logitech.com They just released it about a week ago.

My scroll and other buttons can now be used in SWG. Which is awesome coz I can go from first to third person with ease.

congrats on gettin the game!

Sivak Bloodbringer (Bria, Tatooine)

I beta'd SWG.....probably shouldnt've cause i didnt like it...the game just was way too buggy at time of release....i might pick it up in a few months....when they've had time to sort out some issues...but they really changed things from what they were originally supposed to be.
    Lesbian connectors dont work...

Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst ... 267812 ... LastLast