Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast

Thread: Weird stuff in Neverwinter Nights

I don't get it... It honestly shouldn't be dropping to those framerates. Do you have full scene antialiasing enabled? Or anisotropic filtration? Those things will kill framerate without much gain of looks IMHO... lol, in some cases they help, but I would never use them on a card any lower than the 9700, lol. Do you have any background applications running? A lot of people run this game on our school laptops and it isn't much of a problem...
    Habib

Sager rules. Computers rule. Cheese rules. What else is there?
    :-) Welcome to everyone! Everyone on these forums is excellent.

Oh yep - in fact, the game's right now running at 1024x768 resolution, with some creature shadows disabled, and no anti-aliasing whatsoever.

It's basically playable - just that when the going gets rough - i.e. I get swamped with 4-5 mobs with a spellcaster behind that motley crew throwing spells, the frame rate takes a hit.

That's why I'm curious to see how other people are faring with this game. Oh oh yes. Dungeon Siege - from inial gameplay - seems to fare better in FPS, although IMO it doesn't look as good as NWN.

Rob

me too

yeah, the frame rate for me too gets slowed. imma go tweak it a little....
    To hack is devine

Hmm... Wow, I shoulda tried that game on the 8886 when I had it. I didn't realize it was all that graphic intensive cuz it played on my old 16 meg card, lol, so I just assumed it wasn't much... I guess I was wrong, lol.
    Habib

Sager rules. Computers rule. Cheese rules. What else is there?
    :-) Welcome to everyone! Everyone on these forums is excellent.

Yeah, I think for some reason gameplay is smoother depending on what video card you have with it. My friend's computer is a Pentium III and originally gameplay was horrible on it. Then when he replaced the video card, it was at least as good as on this Pentium IV computer I use here at work .. not that I *ever* game on it or anything.

By the way, thanks for the heads-up on the blinking cursor problem -- changing the refresh rate in the video options of the game cleared it up nicely.

Btw, I am now running the game in 1600X1200 and it's not all that much worse than running it in 1024X768 in most cases -- haven't played a multiplayer game though w/ the resolution turned up that high yet tho.

Joe C.

well

well, im prolly going to play it in single player like once. Id rather multiplay in that game. The textures on the bldgs are pretty good looking and detialed. But what i dont like, that i have noticed in some pc games as opposed to PS2 games, is that yeah, high resolutions, but the edges of characters are just too blocky and not realistic. Then again, maybe its just the developers for NWN. It would be cool to get a LAN party for that game.
    To hack is devine

Yeah, multiplayer LAN gatherings are fun with the game. I play a lot of single player modules when I am by myself then play a lot of multiplayer ones that are D/L'ed when we hook up the LAN.

That's so great about the game -- there are new modules being made up all the time and can easily be downloaded and added to the game.

By the way, when you take your screen print (i.e. hit the PRT SC button), umm .. I should know this, but .. where does that go? What file does it get dumped in so I can capture it/look at it later?

Thanks!

Joe C.

By the way, when you take your screen print (i.e. hit the PRT SC button), umm .. I should know this, but .. where does that go? What file does it get dumped in so I can capture it/look at it later?
    I don't know if there is a specific key combination built into NWN for screen capture. Generally speaking, in the Windows environment, SHIFT+PRTSC captures your whole screen and ALT+PRTSC captures the active window. In either case, the image is stored as a .bmp file on the Windows clipboard. I usually open up 'Paint' and CTRL+V to paste it in there. Then you can manipulate the image, save to another format, etc.

I don't know if this will always work within a game... some games ignore Windows-based commands, etc.

Somebody know a better way to capture game screens?

-iNJ

The drivers that ship with these notebooks are badly outdated. I got a 60% boost by changing the drivers. Now I can play NWN at native resolution (1600 X 1200) with all the fancy lighting.

Originally posted by scrondle
    The drivers that ship with these notebooks are badly outdated. I got a 60% boost by changing the drivers. Now I can play NWN at native resolution (1600 X 1200) with all the fancy lighting.
    Since it's likely to come up...which machine do you have and what drivers did you use?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst ... 234 ... LastLast