Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Giving my cat up for adoption.

Germany [DE]
    UI

Giving my cat up for adoption.

Looking to give away a beautiful tuxedo tabby named Scarlet, around 6 years old. Recently Sarah and I took in another cat, who has terrorized Scarlet to no end, so we must give away both cats in order to maintain our sanity. The other has been adopted already; she is being given to a friend.

Scarlet is a very well behaved cat, and gets along well with other adult cats. She's extremely talkative and enjoys sleeping on the bed, as well as laying on you whenever possible. She's very excitable, enjoys laser pointers and scratching posts, and responds immediately to her name. She is not too fond of kittens, nor is she fond of catboxes used by multiple cats. If she has her own space to eat and use the bathroom, she stays very happy. Unfortunately our other cat urinated all over the house which has ruined Scarlet's environment.

If you guys know of anyone that would like a loving young adult cat, please contact me. She is up to date on all shots, vaccines and has been spayed. She is a rescue cat, and has had no health issues in our 5 years of ownership.

I'm willing to drive within a hundred miles to deliver her if necessary. It severely pains me to do this; in the 20 years I've owned cats, I've never had to give any away. Unfortunately Sarah and I just cannot handle the constant terrorizing of Scarlet that leads her to piss and vomit all over the house. I know you may ask "why not keep her and get rid of the other one?" Because, even though her main threat has been eliminated, the house still reeks of piss in certain areas, no matter how many times we've tried to clean it. This brings her back again and again, and in short she needs a new environment where she can be away from the smell of our other cat.

She was perfectly behaved before we adopted the newer cat, and whenever the two are separated she's an angel. Unfortunately we must get rid of her, unless we want to pay out the ass to have the carpets replaced for the entire house.

Re: Giving my cat up for adoption.

I thought you got rid of the other one?

Ahh saw the thing about the carpets.

good luck!

Germany [DE]
    UI

Yeah we did. We got rid of the newer one, but the smell of her still lingers in the house and causes scarlet to pee outside of whatever rooms the box used to be in. Essentially that leaves her two areas to pee: our kitchen and our living room. We only have so many places to stick the catbox and none of them suit her apparently.

That really sucks the other one ruined it for you guys.

Cat urine is near impossible get rid of...

sorry to hear that UI, hope you find a good home for her

Intel i7 920 2.67Ghz - GeForce GTX 670 - ASUS Sabertooth X58 Mobo - CORSAIR DDR3 6GB RAM - Antec 900 Case - Antec EarthWatts EA750 750W PS - Razer Mamba/Anasi

Fragged

I used to like cat very much since the time I found myself so sensitive to the its hair~~

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

ack!?

its the strangest thing, i went to UI's house and had this uncontrollable desire to take a piss on his floor. now i know why!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast