Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Razer Diamondback Chameleon for nuthin'

Blog Entries

Razer Diamondback Chameleon for nuthin'

Yes! six year old mouse!

wait, wat? Dude, no WAY someone's gonna take a crusty mouse with six years of potato chip crap on it, what's your deal?

Here's the deal: It's been in the box for nearly it's entire history.

I bought this Razer just after its' release in October of '04 and it kicked my ass. it's ergonomic clicking is clearly meant for a "claw" style gamer, which I'm not, it has 1600 dpi for precision gaming, and I'm far too lazy to alter the settings so I could actually SEE the mouse pointer; or continuously attempt to not do 360 turns in-game with a 1/8" movement of the mouse. I'm a spaz, but I couldn't mouse-whisper this baby into submission, and I love and missed the feel of soft round curves, if you take my meaning - so after literally 3 days of gaming on a warm fall day in the year of our lord 2004, I put it back in the box, bought an MX518 Logitech mouse and didn't look back.

Until several months ago when the 518 started to exhibit the behavior of mouse Alzheimer. It's hard to play Bad Company2 when I'm pushing the "W" button forward and using the mouse to look around while I'm running across the "Heavy Metal" conquest map, losing out to every other dunderhead who grabbed a tank and left me in the wind-swept heather to run 500 meters to the nearest control point, and my Logitech brain-farts while I'm lazily gazing at the faraway action, and I'm just juggernaut running toward out of bounds until the crapped up MX518 mouse decides to accept electricity again and let me TURN.

In need of a mouse, I finally pulled out the Razer Chameleon BEAST that could not be tamed five years after it went back into the box and attempted to use it as my everyday mouse. I didn't even bother to install the driver pictured below, I just plugged it in and tried to game, and use the Diamondback as a daily duty mouse. I struggled, and I moused my ass off. My young second grade son attempted to use it on the Cool Math website to play kids education games, and I realized the Razer is the best internet parental control on the planet. He'll never be able to CLICK on a shitty website because his novice mousing experience won't allow him hover over the links long enough to actually make a successful click - damn jittery precise mouse .

I unboxed it four months ago, and I left it on the desktop unused again TWO months ago, and went back to the crap MX 518; still blowing a fuse during tense gaming moments, and getting the oh-so calming Windows 7 klaxon that reminds me when something has been disconnected...and when it reconnects. I received my new Microsoft Sidewinder today. It's calm, likes walks on the beach, and doesn't expect me to drink insane levels of caffeine to counteract the spazzy control movements.

I'm a crappy gamer, and this Razer proves it. I can't use this mouse. It's beyond me. One of YOU must take this mission and defeat this mouse, break its will to live, and enjoy it's intense speed and precise handling. It was released over six years ago, but it barely has two months of evening use. The pic is below, and it's in pristine mint condition, no scratches, no snack crap on it. It comes with the little "LAN" bag and the driver, which may work in windows 7, I never tested it.

First come first serve. I've got shipping covered. I don't want shit for it unless you have some advice you want to trade me for. Like, "stop gaming" or "Make sure to eat Hummus, it's good for regulating blood sugar"...but I sort of already know those things.

somebody take it and try it. I know there's a claw style gamer out there who broke their mouse a couple of years ago, and doesn't want to spend $99 on a hyped-up razer tron special edition mamba adder deal. First to post here or PM and say they want it wins. That includes you, unregistered n00b. join and post.

Last edited by DanFortH; 04-22-2011 at 12:48 AM.

Germany [DE]
    UI

Re: Razer Diamondback Chameleon for nuthin'

Dibs

First

Whatever.

My deathadder bit the dust along with my laptop about two months ago, but I've (finally) started to slowly purchase some components for a new summer rig. I need this, precious. I'll even pull a teck and mail you some salt-water taffy in return (oh yeah, thanks again teck, shit was pretty dank.)

Pm me Broseiden.

Dan needs to write for woot.com

Awesome you're giving that swag away, dude. Me, I'm a Logitech guy, but I'm sure someone will snap it up fast.
    0118 999 881 999 119 7253

Blog Entries

I'm a logitech guy too, bu this sidewinder feels good.

You got PM, UI brah!

Germany [DE]
    UI

Suhweeeeet!

Thanks, wad.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

i just wanted to smell the hand sweat that spewed from danwad's hand when he realized that anything more than a roller ball mouse was beyond him.

don't judge me.

oh my lord.

Germany [DE]
    UI

Put that one in the archives.

may the Bruce be with you CoffeeShark's Avatar

plus i'd absorb some of his design skillz

Germany [DE]
    UI