Thread: Planetside: Free download and 30-day Trial

Planetside: Free download and 30-day Trial

You read it right, check the Planetside page for more info.

http://planetside.station.sony.com/

Good deal in my opinion.
    Chad Schaeffer
    Desktop: MSI KT4V-L * Xp 2400+ * ATI Radeon 9800 Pro 128mb * 1.5 GB DDR266 * 2 120gb WD1200 HD* 2 120gb Y120PO HD

Impressive Member
    A good deal is a FPS I can play for free online like Counter-Strike or Return to Castle Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory. Planetside doesn't offer anything that the regular FPS games don't also offer other than its massively multi-player. Not worth it to pay for that to me.

PCT Janitor-HEY! I just mopped there!
    I bet they dropped in players a lot the last few months. I know a few others (including myself) that basically ran up the ranks, maxed out their level and lost interest. Anything past BR 6-9 ish did you no good. The implants other than darklight were a joke and your character got no better in battle really you only would get a few more vehicle certs as later payoffs. By BR9 you would have your main weapon, armor, and even a vehicle cert, hacking, or medic abilities. Picking up any more abilities didn't do much good because you didn't have room in your inv to store the items with your weapons and ammo. That is unless they've changed it in the last few months.
    -Adam
    pctorque.com

Planetside BR20 PCTORQUE

City of Heroes
    lvl 50 Controller (grav/force shield) Reseg
    lvl 50 Blaster (energy/devices) PCTORQUE
    lvl 50 Defender (rad/dark) Wanka
    lvl 50 Controller (mind/rad) Anne Yerism

SWG
    Wookie Master Rifle/Master CH PCTORQUE
    Human Master Dr/Combat Medic Lilbunny

WoW
    lvl 60 Paladin PCTORQUE
    lvl 60 Druid Geser

I played it through to br20 cr5 on Werner.

I liked many of the new changes and the ones they are going to make. Core Combat is a joke and PS has dropped in players yeah.

However, it is still fun to play every now and then with your outfit on TS and it does offer imo other things than the regular (as you say) FPS games. Of course the massive 300+ players battles are one but also the tactics devised to lead such a force a great (cr5).

On Sunday we created a Prowler gathering and got over 35 tanks to storm a continent. That's just fun and unherad in any other game. It's main aspect is the scope.

Adam, sure at br9 you have your main gun armor etc. But that is intended. Experience points do not determine your ability to kill someone else or be shot. I think that's great. Else everybody would just be owned by the BR20s. Getting a higher rank basically extends the variety of your arsenal and vehicle certs.

Anyway, 30 day trial is a great opportunity to check it out for free!
    Keep it down to the Maximum

I tried it on the PREVIOUS 30-day free dl/trial, but lost interest as I saw it combining FPS with an unlikely element: TIME INVESTMENT. Time Investment, typically reserved for strategy games (4X ones, for instance), was NOT something I wanted to give a "quick" FPS. So I stumbled around, tried to figure out what was going on... go a few kills, got killed a few times... "eh!" I thought, I'll go back to Desert Combat.

I can see how this game would be well suited for LAN parties and such where VERBAL (i.e. yelling at the guys next to you) would be fun; but for single (as in alone while gaming) players, it's either give it all your time or get bored fast.

If a game has no PAUSE function (which almost NO multiplayer games have), then I cannot really get into them as I am often called away (kids, phone, work, etc.) Strategy games (like Galactic Civilizations) is fine, as I can save whenever and if I don't take my turn 'cause I'm runnin' off to lay down the law on my kids, well, I won't miss anything.

-myrkat
    Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma • Support the Mozilla Foundation
    8887-X1GB RAM3.o6GHz-HTDUAL 6oGB/54ooDVD/CDRWmp3TV-TunerHybrid—Color16.1" UXGA

—Pictures for the curious——Adding a second drive—...this sig for rent or theft...

We use TS (teamspeak)

Like in my q3f clan we we have to use teamspeak since msg in games are too late or not seen. TeamSpeak enhances teamplay for any game. Without mm3, your clan has no chance almost...
    Keep it down to the Maximum