Thread: Halo problems

Halo problems

Like many others, the PC version of Halo is very fussy with me. The only way I can avoid random bluescreens and reboots is if I play the game in safe mode - but the only way I know how to play the game in safe mode is to start it right after it bluescreened and rebooted. I tried running the exe with the command line "C:\Halo\halo.exe" -safemode but that makes the game windowed, and with no sound.
    Bottom line - how can I play fullscreen safemode without crashing my game first? Or even better, how do I stop the lousy bluescreens?

need a little more info. What kind of hardware, OS, and drivers, DX version etc. What is the BSOD error you get.
    Sager 5670 upgraded to 5690 3.06HT, 1G mem, 1x 100G & 1x 40G drives, UXGA LCD, XP Pro dual boot Gentoo 2005.0 from a stage 1, pure udev. I love this beast.

Sorry, forgot all that stuff.
    Sager 4060
    Pentium 2.4 Ghz
    XP Professional
    512mb DDR
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9000 w/ latest drivers
    DirectX 9.0b

I can't read what the BSOD says because it flashes for a second then instantly reboots. All I can catch is "physical memory dump" and thats it. Any help is appreciated.

Go into system properties and uncheck automatic reboot. Then you can read the error. Also check event viewer under administrative tools. Look for any red Xs.
    Sager 5670 upgraded to 5690 3.06HT, 1G mem, 1x 100G & 1x 40G drives, UXGA LCD, XP Pro dual boot Gentoo 2005.0 from a stage 1, pure udev. I love this beast.

I disabled automatic reboot, but I don't know where the event viewer is. I found error logs in a "minidump" folder in my system drive, but I don't know what program to use to open them.