Thread: xbox mod chip

xbox mod chip

Does anyone know where can I get a mod chip for the xbox that does not need to be soldered on? I'd like to be able to make backups because I tend to scratch the disk easily and it would be nice to put whatever music/videos I'd like onto the hardrive and play them back through my tv. Also, how would I go about backing up an xbox game on dvd (what program)?
    thanks in advance

Dunno, but I've Googled in the past on Xbox Mods and there are some amazing sites out there devoted to it. Good luck.
    (May 2006): Dell XPS M1710 \\ T2500 (2.00GHz/667Mhz) \\ 2GB RAM \\ 512MB NVIDIA GeForce Go 7900 GTX \\ 80GB HDD@7200 \\ 8XDVD+/-RW \\ 17" WUXGA 1900x1200 M1710 Review with Acer 8104 comparisons :wow: Saved $1100 buying here. PM me for IMOs.

(Jan 2005-Jun 2006): Acer TM 8104 \\ 2.0Ghz \\ 2GB \\ ATI X700 128MB \\ 100GB HDD@5400 \\ DVD-RW \\ 15.4" WSXGA+ 1680x1050\\ 8104 review with pictures, Acer ezDock review

(Feb 2003-Jan 2005): Sager 8887X

Pissed At All Computers
    u know they are illegal, and its very hard to copy xbox games?

Check out www.system-mods.com and get the Xecuter 2 with pogo pins that makes it so its solderless. Also its not hard to backup your games, I have all of my xbox titles backed up and it was a really easy process. Also modchips aren't illegal in anyway as long as you dont use them to copy pirated software. Just like a cd burner isn't illegal if you only copy what you own. :mmm:

I dunno, a lot of people have problems with the pogo pins coming loose after a while. I say if you know anything about soldering just buy the Xecutor 2.2/2.3 Lite or Pro and solder it in there. If you move your Xbox around a lot it WILL come loose eventually but soldering makes it nice and solid.

It's easy to back up your games, you just need to install a dashboard such as Evox when you install your mod chip and depending on how many games you want to back up you'll want to upgrade the HDD also.

Go to www.xbox-scene.com and read through the tutorials. The best place to go, everything you'll ever want to know is there.
    Toshiba 5200
    2.4 Ghz P4M
    1 GB RAM
    60 GB 7200 RPM HDD
    Geforce FX 5600go
    Watercooled
    Other goodies... blah blah
    11,270 3dmarks so far...

There is still an ongoing debate about the legality of modchips, since according to the Microsoft terms of agreement, you are only really "renting" your xbox from M$, to which modification seems to be frown upon. I personally love having a chipped xbox for the homebrew software. Make it really easy for me to watch any format of video on my tv.

Cocky ninja nerd
    my friend got a easy chip from a company that got bagged by the FBI 3 weeks after he got the chip, BUT after he got it he hasnt needed to buy a game since. All rented from blockbuster and copied to his hard drive
    I have an area 51m laptop, and yeh it kicks butt

When I was in the Philippines on vacation (or on Holiday as you may), getting 'bootlegg' games was wicked easy. You could bring your PS2 or XBox in a little shop and they can 'modify' your console for you. So my guess is that it does involve some soldering.
    *The_Juggernaut* Custom Desktop Rig: Antec Performance TX640B | AMD64 3700+ Proc | Asus A8N5X nForce4 socket 939 MoBo | EVGA nVidia GeForce 7600GT 256MB DDR3 | Benq 16x DVD+R Burner w/ lightscribe & Lite-ON 16x DVD-ROM | Corsair XMS 2GB DDR Memory @ 400MHz | SB Audigy Platinum EX | Maxtor 200GB HD + WD 80GB HD | Win XP MCE 2005