Thread: Neverwinter Nights

Area 51M Owner

Neverwinter Nights

I'm thinking about buying neverwinter nights gold and I wanted to get some feedback from some people who played it. How is it?

A grotesque amalgam of man and office chair.
    I enjoyed the original, non-"gold" version, although you're in for a letdown if you expect it to be at all faithful to the tabletop version.

Van
    The original campaign was average. The two expansions are good. The real greatness of NWN is the Toolset.
    Van

Dell Inspiron 8600, 1.6 Ghz Pentium-M, 512 MB Ram, 128 MB nVidia GeForce 5650, 15.4 in WSXGA+, 60 gig 7200 ATA HD, CD/DVD Burner, Intel(r) PRO/Wireless 2100 WLAN (802.11b, 11Mbps) miniPCI Card

Yup..the online possibilities are endless
    check out neverwinterconnections.com. They are a roleplayers "matchmaking" service that lets you search for online games that suit your playstyle (ala hack-n-slash or in-depth roleplaying) There are some pretty dedicated DMs over there running anything from an evening's entertainment to giant campaigns.

While NWN cannot compare to the good ole Pen and Paper its the closest you can get IMHO.

Also, go for the Gold version if for no other reason than access to the increased content in multiplayer.

Cheers
    Not all who wander are lost
    -JRR Tolkien

The campaigns that come with the game and the two expansions are entertaining enough (the second expansion is the best). However, the real meat of the game is the toolset and multiplayer. Like someone earlier mentioned, get in a dungeon-mastered game (take a look at www.neverwinterconnections.com). Playing in a game with a dungeon master is some of the most fun I've had gaming. It is the first time I truly felt able to roleplay in a computer game.

Venture