Thread: COD and 7.95s

Environmental Designer zacharac's Avatar

COD and 7.95s

Okay, i haven't installed COD on my system since the 7.95s were released because it doesn't work.

Why doesn't it work and is there a fix. I have been searching all over the place and can't find any patches. I am not willing to change drivers anymore. I want to play a game that i bought, and it doesn't work on my laptops supported drivers. as i said i am not interested in using the omegas or anything else. My computer has crashed too many times because of video driver errors. i want to keep my 7.95s and have a good time on my computer, y'know? So if anyone has any advise, thanks!
    Sager 8890

still truckin'
    :whiped:

Try disabling fastwrite. I use omega's modified 3.10's and disabled fastwrite. COD played fine with this setup.

hmm, thanks i'll give it a try. Will having COD installed on my computer make anything go wrong even if i never use it? I'm just really paranoid, cause of all my crashes. Another thing: i tried the COD patch from gamershell.com and got a warning message saying that i didn't have the proper hardware. So i can't update my vid driver in that fashion. i read the readme and there was nothing about the "mobility" radeon 9600 listed. okay, laters.
    Sager 8890

still truckin'

Download the latest Catalyst drivers from ATI's site and MANUALY install them. They run a lot faster then the drivers Sager provides and fixed ALL problems with COD for me. If you don't know how to manually install them search the driver forums...they mention it a few times of PM me if you can't find it.
    First person in the world to order a Sager 5680.

Sager 5680-S | Wide Angles UXGA | 3.0Ghz w/ 800Mhz FSB | Radeon 9600 PRO w/ 128MB DDR | 1024MB 400DDR Dual Channel RAM | Hitachi 80Gb 4,200 RPM HDD | Gigabit Ethernet | 8X DVD/24X10X24 CDRW | #2 Bay Dual Battery Setup | Integrated WiFi | Jansport Lapstation Backpack | Kensington PocketMouse Pro Wireless |

thanks karatekid for the advise, but i can't change my drivers any more. too many times have i had to reformat because of mistakes in changing video drivers. Or else i would heed your words. i want to just use Sager supported drivers from now on. anyhoo, good luck and have fun playing COD. I guess i will try turning off fastwrites see if that helps. Peace! :cheers:
    Sager 8890

still truckin'

I installed COD and tried the ATI patch to no luck. Damn! I want to play this game. Anyone know how to manually install the ATI patch? If that doesn't work i would like to know what "fastwrites" are and how to disable them with the 7.95's. I looked in the CP and also in the options part of COD and couldn't find "fastwrites". Thanks all

Chao
    Sager 8890

still truckin'

fucking delete my account
    I play call of duty all the time on my 4760 and I use the Omega Drivers

You might want to uninstall the ati drivers and control panel. Instead install the latest omega drivers {www.omegacorner.com}, they install with a superior control panel that allows you to turn on/off a number of functions including fastwrites. I have not had one problem playing a number of games with these new drivers. Also Omega gives quite a bit of instruction and documentation in their help files.