Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Doom 3

Doom 3

Is anyone excited about this game? I'm trying, but I have yet to be inspired.

Questions? Comments?
    SEE YOU SPACE COWBOY...

look at movies, see the pics... if ur still not inspired ,then get eye surgury
    4780 baby, sooonnnnn

I was excited a year ago. Now I try to think of other things. Any updates on the release date?

I also get the impression that this could be it for Carmack. His interests are going into other areas. Hopefully the engine is excellent and they can sell it. This way we'll be seeing good FPSs for awhile anyways.
    1557G Pentium M 1.6 :saywhat:
    1 gig DDR333 RAM; 60 gb 7200 HD; 64mb ATI 9600

You can pre-order Doom III at Best Buy now; well at least you can pre-order it at the Chicago Best Buy I had gone to. They had Doom III, game-sized boxes with some goodies inside when you pre-order (for $10 I believe).

Well, its a surprise to me that Doom III may be released before Half Life 2.
    *The_Juggernaut* Custom Desktop Rig: Antec Performance TX640B | AMD64 3700+ Proc | Asus A8N5X nForce4 socket 939 MoBo | EVGA nVidia GeForce 7600GT 256MB DDR3 | Benq 16x DVD+R Burner w/ lightscribe & Lite-ON 16x DVD-ROM | Corsair XMS 2GB DDR Memory @ 400MHz | SB Audigy Platinum EX | Maxtor 200GB HD + WD 80GB HD | Win XP MCE 2005

yea i saw the empty boxes at best buy too. The game looks good, but does it play good? Besides the people who went to quakecon or the people who played the terrible leaked alpha, no one has played a full version, not even an official demo. I think it will be the shortest game anyone will ever play...ever. Even shorter than Call of Duty, which I might add I beat in less then 5 hours on normal difficulty. But DAMN does it look good :smash:
    - Thinking inside the box is cool!

my 5670: P4 2.66/RADEON9000 128MB/1 GIG O' RAM/40GIG HD 5400RPM
    my DESKTOP: AMD Athlon 64 3000+/Nforce 3 250 mobo/RADEON9800 128MB/512 MB O' RAM/40GIG HD 7200RPM
    Currently Playing: Star Ocean 3, CS:S, Stepmania

Doom III isn't as much about the game as the engine. I'm looking forward to the games coming after it with the Doom III engine being used. I honestly don't expect much of a game from Doom III, just a bunch of pretty effects, but I hope I'm wrong.

Yeah the game engine is a vast improvement over the current stuff - much more realistic as far as dodging etc. In the old engine there was basically a box around the character - hit the box - hit the player. The new engine is basically spot on bullets are able to pass under arms/legs etc without hitting.

Plus the graphics are kick ass.
    5680 2.8Ghz
    512MB DDR400 RAM
    60GB 5400 HD
    15" UXGA WVA
    128 MB ATI 9600 Pro Turbo
    My Sager beat up your momma

After spending countless hours trying to get the beta test version to work, i found out this game is WORTH the wait.. even though the game crashed about every 6 minutes, thats all i needed to see.. Trust me on this one, Doom III will NOT dissapoint you, it will put halo to shame.. .... stupid halo.....

-Evil Juggalo
    They are like powdered sugar-coated fried dough heroin cereal. I wanna load an uzi with sugar bullets and shoot myself in the tounge.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Juggalo
    After spending countless hours trying to get the beta test version to work, i found out this game is WORTH the wait.. even though the game crashed about every 6 minutes, thats all i needed to see.. Trust me on this one, Doom III will NOT dissapoint you, it will put halo to shame.. .... stupid halo.....

-Evil Juggalo
    As long as it plays better than HALO on the PC. Crap piece of coding that.
    5680 2.8Ghz
    512MB DDR400 RAM
    60GB 5400 HD
    15" UXGA WVA
    128 MB ATI 9600 Pro Turbo
    My Sager beat up your momma

Quote Originally Posted by RdLdr1
    You can pre-order Doom III at Best Buy now; well at least you can pre-order it at the Chicago Best Buy I had gone to. They had Doom III, game-sized boxes with some goodies inside when you pre-order (for $10 I believe).

Well, its a surprise to me that Doom III may be released before Half Life 2.
    i got all excited for a moment seeing that box in best buy, before i realized the game isn't actually out. i don't understand how the "pre order" thing works, because all you get is a poster, a pewter mancubus figure and a couple coupons. there's no "pre order" in the box.
    Sager 5680, High Gloss Cyan/Purple, P4 3.2GHz, Radeon 9600 128MB, 15" UXGA, 2GB 400DDR, DVD-RW/CD-RW, 100GB 7200RPM, 802.11a/b/g & BlueTooth

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast