Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Counterstike 1.6

Counterstike 1.6

sup everyone,

I just put in an order for a sager 5680 p4 3.0ghz with 1g of ram and a 60gb 7200rpm hd and some other goodies. I am a CSaholic and can't wait to try it out. I was just wondering what kind of fps i should be expecting.

I usually play CS on 1024x768x32bits w/ vsync off and no filtering (squeezed a consistent 99fps outta my chaintech geforce 3 ti200 128mb)

Also, will i be able to hook up my creative labs inspire 5.1 speakers to this laptop?

Qbizzle

See the comp in my specs? I get around 90 fps. The 9600SE is not that great, so you are going to get above 100 fps. But remember, youre monitor can only refresh at so many hertz, My Sony Trinitron can refresh at 100hz, so I get 100 fps. If the 5680 can only refresh at 68hz, then you have 68 fps. Get it? Took me a while too.
    Desktop: AMD64 3200+ @ 2.7ghz | MSI Neo2 Platinum | 2x512 Ballistix PC4000 | Gainward 6800 GT |Leadtek TV Tuner | Plantronics DSP-500 CounterStrike

Cocky ninja nerd
    dude its halflife, my old 900 mhz computer can run 72fps on it, who cares!
    I have an area 51m laptop, and yeh it kicks butt

Pissed At All Computers
    how do u see the fps in game?
    Sony FRV-37 || 2.8 GhZ || 60 GB HD || 512MB || DvD-RW || Sicuro Gaming Speakers || $1350

while you are playing, open up the console and type in either

net_graph 1
    net_graph 2
    net_graph 3

either one of those will show you your fps. To turn it off, type in
    net_graph 0.

Utada Hikaru Fanboy
    net_graph 3 is the best one since it takes up the least space on the bottom right of the screen

eMachines 6805
    AMD Athlon 64 Mobile 3000+

Quote Originally Posted by fiction1337
    See the comp in my specs? I get around 90 fps. The 9600SE is not that great, so you are going to get above 100 fps. But remember, youre monitor can only refresh at so many hertz, My Sony Trinitron can refresh at 100hz, so I get 100 fps. If the 5680 can only refresh at 68hz, then you have 68 fps. Get it? Took me a while too.
    That doesnt actually apply since he said he plays with VSync off. Having said that I cant actually see any reason for a user to turn that off.

I agree though, although refresh rate doesnt affect the fps count with vsync off, monitors are still the limiting factor, I really cant see why CS addicts insist on squeezing every last point out of their machines. If your monitor works at 100Hz, you arent going to see more than 100 fps regardless of settings. At best, you'll see slices of different frames as the monitor draws them, I'd really be surprised if this didnt have a negative (if any) affect on play.

Not like there's a big gap in visual quality between 68FPS or 100FPS.

thnx

for clearing up the whole bottle neck deal with the laptop screens. I probably won't use the regular screen as much for playing games. I'll most likely hook it up to my 21" nec moniter. Then again though, 60 or 70fps is not that bad as long as it is consistent.

:banana:

Crimson Rain, Ruby Plain dfourthhorseman's Avatar
    Here's how I config my cs with this shortcut:

"C:\Games\Half Life\hl.exe" -console -game cstrike -numericping -heapsize 300000

Numericping will make all pings show in numbers rather than stupid lil green bars, and heapsize is suppose to be like a good portion of your RAM, I believe is about half. I have 1 gb, I have 600mb free normally, so half of that is 300,000. But I think when I read this tip they meant full ram size.

Also run these under the console:

net_graph "3"
    net_scale "5"
    net_graphpos "1"
    fps_max "60"
    fps_modem "0.0"

As for the last two. fps_max will be your general max fps for cs, like modem and lan. fps_modem will restrict it if in case you play modem and lan sometimes n need modem to be less. I say if you got broadband set it the way I got it. Otherwise if you got modem set modem to 30.

Hope this helps.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast