Thread: Which Gamepad to get???

-----Medical Student----- notebook_gamer's Avatar

Which Gamepad to get???

I would appreciate everyone's input as to what gamepad to get because my logitech dual action is a pos...I have narrowed my choices to either saitek or thrustmaster dual analogs...mind you the gamepad is for GTA and NBA Live 2004....thanks in advance.
    :cheers:
    XPS M1710 2GHZ Core Duo, 7900GTX 512mb, 2GB RAM, 100GB 7200rpm, Intel 3945, 350 BT & everything else possible!

XBOX 360...since launch...
    Vizio 42" LCD HDTV
    XBOX Xenium Mod
    Sony PSP
    Axim x50v

Inspiron 700m, PM 1.6, 1.256GB PC2700 RAM, 60GB 7200rpm 7k60, 8X DVD+/- RW DL, Intel 2200 B/G

-----Medical Student----- notebook_gamer's Avatar
    Anyone? I thought I would have the best responses in this section...guess I'll stick to my AW fam!!!
    XPS M1710 2GHZ Core Duo, 7900GTX 512mb, 2GB RAM, 100GB 7200rpm, Intel 3945, 350 BT & everything else possible!

XBOX 360...since launch...
    Vizio 42" LCD HDTV
    XBOX Xenium Mod
    Sony PSP
    Axim x50v

Inspiron 700m, PM 1.6, 1.256GB PC2700 RAM, 60GB 7200rpm 7k60, 8X DVD+/- RW DL, Intel 2200 B/G

I went with the Saitek dual analog pad, and I have to say that I like it much better than my previous Logitech pad.
    I'm currently playing NFS: Underground with no problems whatsoever.

Error 406: file corrupt: config.earth -- Reboot Universe? (Y/N)

i just bought a psx/usb adapter for my computer (about $25) and i can use my playstation 2 pad with the pc.

I think its the best pad anyway.

FPS Speedpad

NB Gamer
    Well this may or may not be considered a gamepad the way your thinking but I just got the Belkin Nostromo N52 speedpad (as they refer to it). If your into FPS games, its pretty cool for laptop gaming. You basically use it with your left hand instead of the keyboard, and your mouse with your right hand. Its cool for laptops because I laptop keys are kind of small and I don't know about everyone else, but the heat bugs my wrist after a while. The gamepad is totally programmable with 4 "shift" levels so you can pretty much program all your FPS controls and if you need more, you just shift to then next level and you can have a totally different set of controls for the keys. You can do that 2 more times, so you have quite a few key mappings you can do! I probably won't have much use for that in FPS games like Call of Duty.

Speaking of which, one of the coolest things are the macros you can create! I have created a one-button grenade throw in COD. It basically runs the keystrokes to switch to grenade, throw and switch back to my primary weapon. You can play with the pause between key strokes and the time you hold the button down in fraction of a second till you get te weapon switchs as fast as possible, if you want. You can get pretty creative if you want to.

Only down side is the thumbstick can sometimes be hard to use and sometimes this Dell 8600 doesnt' recognize it right away so I may have to unplug and plug back in.

I know AW offers it as an optional item. Oh, I just ordered an Area 51m too! :cheers:
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=107727