Page 1 of 7 126 ... LastLast

Thread: strafeRight.com .:. BF2 Server Feedback (Questions/Comments/Criticism/Suggestions)

Blog Entries

strafeRight.com .:. BF2 Server Feedback (Questions/Comments/Criticism/Suggestions)

In this thread you can leave feedback for the strafeRight BF2 Servers...

Please post things like:
    What you think of the Configuration of the servers (Including Maps)...
    What you think should be changed/added to the Configuration of the servers...
    Or anything else you can give us feedback on that can possibly help us improve upon the level of fun you do have on our servers...

Please Do Not Post Thinks Like:
    I was banned from your server!! Please Unban me... (Thats not feedback thats asking to be unbanned from our servers... If you need Administrator Assistance go to the "sR->Battlefield 2 Server Admin Assistance" Section)...
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

I said whisky not milk biotch!!! tate's Avatar
    They Rawk!!!

Shaq will go Kung Fu on yo' @$$ boomheadshot45's Avatar
    i'm never on there because it is always full but i have been on there once and it was very fun
    Quote Originally Posted by laughattak828 from Games Radar in the "Best football team thread"
    we are talkin about FOOTBALL not watever real madrid is
    In response to
    Quote Originally Posted by Draugen
    Real Madrid.
    Isn't football that sport that you play with your feet.
    You know The Beautiful Game.....

lack of wake is 7eh sux0rz. otherwise, it rawks!

awsome!.... except i would like to see some other maps in the rotation... and i personally would like to see a 32 player server or two.... but other than that they RAWK!

acer 8103
    1.86 GHz
    1.5 Gb ram
    x700 128

N00b Herder
    1- More maps on the rotating server. Keeping Karkand 24/7 is fine, I guess it really is the most popular map.

2- Maybe not feasible, but open up a Special Forces server. Ghost Town, Mass Destruction, Warlord, and Iron Gator. I would play on this a lot if it were available. As it is now I go to another group's server to play these maps.

3- Another option is to have a 'boosted' server that is continually adding the new booster packs when they come out. I'm assuming there will be a number of these before 2142, but who knows? I'm someone who can afford the $10 per pack or whatever it will be, and I know this would limit some people, but...

Other than that I like the way things are running right now.

Z

I saw this guy on the serv, Tecksomething or the other, he hacks and should be banned.

Great map rotation, always full, a great place to go have fun, unless I lag out.

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post
    go back to eating your jesus eggs.

i think the rounds per map on city should be more then 2

Very good server. Some cheaters, and I love to kill them. Maybe more maps.
    M90- Centrino Duo - 2GB @ 667 Nvidia FX2500

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by boomheadshot45
    I’m never on there because it is always full but i have been on there once and it was very fun
    We have the auto idle kick on both servers set to 5 minutes so if anyone idles for more than 5 minutes they automatically get kicked from the server. So if you wait and single click on the server in your favorites every single click you do will refresh the server.

We also kick to make room for anyone that uses our Ventrilo server. Ventrilo offers much better VoIP than the in game voice or Teamspeak… If you do not have a microphone you can use the chat option and when we notice your chat is open we will open up ours if we haven’t got it open already, and we will be able to hear anything you type and will know you need room in the server…

For more information on Ventrilo and connecting to our Ventrilo server check out this thread:
    strafeRight.com Ventrilo Information

Quote Originally Posted by chode messiah
    lack of wake is 7eh sux0rz. otherwise, it rawks!
    With the release of every new booster & expansion pack our administrators look at each map and consider adding the map to our servers. However we feel that there are not many fast paced maps for Battlefield 2 and the ones that are have the fastest pace we already have on the servers.

BUT That doesnt mean that we will never add another map... We have in the past considered a map of the week even...

Quote Originally Posted by Jarpmann
    awsome!.... except i would like to see some other maps in the rotation... and i personally would like to see a 32 player server or two.... but other than that they RAWK!
    Its possible that in the future we will have a 32-man server.

Quote Originally Posted by z00b
    1- More maps on the rotating server. Keeping Karkand 24/7 is fine, I guess it really is the most popular map.

2- Maybe not feasible, but open up a Special Forces server. Ghost Town, Mass Destruction, Warlord, and Iron Gator. I would play on this a lot if it were available. As it is now I go to another group's server to play these maps.

3- Another option is to have a 'boosted' server that is continually adding the new booster packs when they come out. I'm assuming there will be a number of these before 2142, but who knows? I'm someone who can afford the $10 per pack or whatever it will be, and I know this would limit some people, but...

Other than that I like the way things are running right now.

Z
    1) One of the things that I’ve wanted for a very long time is to have a full rotation server for battlefield 2. Right now its not something we feel is feasible due to the fact that most people that play Battlefield 2 like to play certain maps. When we added Wake Island 2005 we had mixed reactions, most people said that they hated Wake, It took too long, and the USMC team had almost no chance of winning. We also noticed that about 20+ people would disconnect when going from Mashtuur to Wake… and it wouldn’t fill back up right away. When it would go to Karkand we would see about the same amount of people disconnect.

2 & 3) Maybe someday we will be able to have another 64-man server or even a 32 that runs SF maps. Maybe a Warlord/Ghost server and add the others as we build a player base. Or as you said, a boosted server would be nice. Right now though it doesn’t seam like a popular booster pack, not many servers are running the maps. We will see if Armored Fury is any good though, I think the release date was sometime late this month but it doesn’t look like that will happen. Armored Fury is the last announced booster pack.

Quote Originally Posted by ArmadonRK
    I saw this guy on the serv, Tecksomething or the other, he hacks and should be banned.

Great map rotation, always full, a great place to go have fun, unless I lag out.
    lol… I hack you from my tank...

Quote Originally Posted by badd
    i think the rounds per map on city should be more then 2
    Its currently set to 3 rounds per map. This way those people that like to play a lot of maps quick still get that and those of us with… uh… aged… :P computers don’t spend as much time loading each map.

Quote Originally Posted by Xattica
    Very good server. Some cheaters, and I love to kill them. Maybe more maps.
    Haha… Well maybe someday punkbuster will catch all cheaters… and okay…

Many of you said you wanted to see more maps... Are there any particular maps you would like to see?

Thank you for the suggestions. Keep them coming...
    -Teck
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Page 1 of 7 126 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)