Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is anyone else upset with EA and the 1.6 patch for BF1942??

Is anyone else upset with EA and the 1.6 patch for BF1942??

Well...I am

I installed it and boom...pings all over the place, grabby graphics and i get kicked from servers with PB although I dont have any cheats...dont even know where to find them!! :mad:

Im reverting to 1.5 in a short while because I happen to have lost the 2nd CD from the BF1942 set. Grreeaaat!! :mad:

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

:saywhat: Anyone else have something to say about their latest BF1942 experiences?? :scratch:
    [IMG]No more images in sigs!![/IMG]

aurora
    Just that I have learned that BF1942 isnt the only place that you can do everything.
    There is also www.zombo.com

But I have'nt had problems with the 1.6 patch for Desert Combat. The last BF1942 patch I have is the 1.5 (I didn't look for a 1.6 patch for BF1942)

Ill tell you why im irritated by it. Cause they dont put out a remote dedicated server patch. The updates all look to the registery to see if it was installed. Which IT wasnt, because you dont install on a remote dedicated server. Grr means I then have to prepare a seperate whole deal to do my updates. Pain in the butt. Same thing for c.o.d. 80% of the servers you play on, are remote dedicated. Grrr. lol :mad: :banana:

aurora
    There is a COD multiplayer patch
    http://www.ausgamers.com/files/details/html/10335

and, i'll look for an update for bf1942/DC servers

Is there a way to fix the main menu and intro sceen size? After I did the update it got about 2 sizes to big and I can't see all the menu. I can't see to turn PB on. The game itself loads and fits.
    C:\DOS
    C:\DOS\RUN
    RUN\DOS\RUN

Yes I know there is a multiplayer patch, but the problem is it looks for registery install entries, and they arent there. The patch doesnt work with multible instances of a game. When you install a remote server its not installed, its just a folder on the drive.

P.I.M.P. Productions litehedded's Avatar
    i have had no problems with the 1.6 patch.
    but i don't play vanilla BF anymore
    __________________________________________________ __________

5680 UXGA 3.2Ghz 512MB DDR400 RAM 60GB 5400 HD 802.11g and bluetooth

i think the patch is GREAT! You can actually vote for a map now, which before was next to impossible to do. The game even runs better too, so now i can increase the resolution to a higher level. The pings havent been that bad, at least not on regular battlefield servers. New map is okay, havent messed with it much, but a new side (canadians) is always good, especially for a free download. Graphics are better too imo, the planes seem more detailed before, especially the cockpits. I guess im one of the lucky ones . I guess a patch will be out to fix any PB problems people are having.

Btw: Was mad about them not announcing the winners of the map contest, i entered in it, and that would give us 5 new maps to play around in.
    - Thinking inside the box is cool!

my 5670: P4 2.66/RADEON9000 128MB/1 GIG O' RAM/40GIG HD 5400RPM
    my DESKTOP: AMD Athlon 64 3000+/Nforce 3 250 mobo/RADEON9800 128MB/512 MB O' RAM/40GIG HD 7200RPM
    Currently Playing: Star Ocean 3, CS:S, Stepmania

aurora
    DC is great. I'm a danger to myself and anyone in close range everytime I try the helicopters though.

LOL aurora I suck with the helos too. At the moment I cannot play this game - too many bugs in the new patch and its frustrating!! :mad: i get tremendous slowdowns even on my desktop with the Radeon 9800 PRO and a 3.2 Ghz P4 and 1GB of Corsasir DDR400 memory!!! :eek:

Something fundamentally wrong here
    [IMG]No more images in sigs!![/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast