Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4 new games...

4 new games...

i just ordered Halo, neverwitner nights, age of mythology, and call of duty to go along with my alienware laptop...

i was wondering fi i could get some feedback on these games... ive played or wtched them all briefly at my friends, he reccommended them all

thoughts?
    BLUE: 16.1"/3.2/1024/80/80/9600
    The ultimate 51m Review: http://notebookforums.com/showthread.php?t=16759

well you know halo is gonna be good no doubt, call of duty is very addicting age of mythology is pretty boring unless you like starcraft and warcraft, its not really intense you just have to be good at making decisions. and i dont know about the other game
    Notebook: Alienware m5500. 1.73 pentium m, 256mb 6600, 80gb 5400 hdd, 1gig ddr2 ram.

Desktop: atx foxconn 400w case, amd athlon 64 3000+, abit kv8 max3 motherboard, kingston 1gb ddr400 pc-3200 ram, ati 9800pro 128mb 256bit, 120gb 7200rpm hdd, 52X cdrw cd combo, 8X dvd rom drive. and some fancy case lites and fans.

Quote Originally Posted by mellamojimmy
    well you know halo is gonna be good no doubt, call of duty is very addicting age of mythology is pretty boring unless you like starcraft and warcraft, its not really intense you just have to be good at making decisions. and i dont know about the other game
    thanks for the input... and yes i am into making decisions and boring crap like that

you won't be disappointed with these games - though i'd have chosen UT2003 over halo. halo didn't port very well to pc and UT2003 will (would) get you used to the gameplay for the soon to be released UT2004 which will introduce vehicles into the UT universe.
    hopefully they'll do a beetter job with halo2.
    call of duty is a fun WWII shooter, especially online. it's more or less a visual upgrade of medal of honor.
    age of mythology rocks! i assume you already play(ed) warcraft, starcraft and AoE (I and II) byyour response.
    neverwinter is a fantastic game played with another person (or persons). while the single player game is good, it truly shines in multi player. find someone who can play the same times/amount as you and work your way through the world. playing co-operatively is awesome.
    overall, very good choices. :dude:

Halo - cool grpahics - cool weapons - very repetitive
    AOM - I enjoyed it a lot but I like Age of Wonders (all of them but shadow magic especially) much more
    NWN - pretty damn sweet - what can I say
    COD - pretty much the best WWII game out there
    5680 2.8Ghz
    512MB DDR400 RAM
    60GB 5400 HD
    15" UXGA WVA
    128 MB ATI 9600 Pro Turbo
    My Sager beat up your momma

Pissed At All Computers
    Halo has good multiplayer... U should buy Warcraft 3 b4 Aom, if u dont already have it, nwn is an awesome rpg, and mohaa + cs = call of duty
    Sony FRV-37 || 2.8 GhZ || 60 GB HD || 512MB || DvD-RW || Sicuro Gaming Speakers || $1350

Quote Originally Posted by legolas357
    you won't be disappointed with these games - though i'd have chosen UT2003 over halo. halo didn't port very well to pc and UT2003 will (would) get you used to the gameplay for the soon to be released UT2004 which will introduce vehicles into the UT universe.
    hopefully they'll do a beetter job with halo2.
    call of duty is a fun WWII shooter, especially online. it's more or less a visual upgrade of medal of honor.
    age of mythology rocks! i assume you already play(ed) warcraft, starcraft and AoE (I and II) byyour response.
    neverwinter is a fantastic game played with another person (or persons). while the single player game is good, it truly shines in multi player. find someone who can play the same times/amount as you and work your way through the world. playing co-operatively is awesome.
    overall, very good choices. :dude:
    Thanks for the input everyone!!!

yes i have played warcraft extensively and its one of my favorites... my firend told me about age of mythology so thats why i ordered it, he usually likes the same stuff as me.

are the expansion packs for AOM & NWN worth it?

im kidna new to pc gaming, iliek alot of the rpgs and first person shooters, and i have ana rea 51m on the way so all the info is appreciated.

Van
    The original campaign that comes with NWN is average. The second expansion for the game, Hordes of the Underdark, is outstanding however.
    Van

Dell Inspiron 8600, 1.6 Ghz Pentium-M, 512 MB Ram, 128 MB nVidia GeForce 5650, 15.4 in WSXGA+, 60 gig 7200 ATA HD, CD/DVD Burner, Intel(r) PRO/Wireless 2100 WLAN (802.11b, 11Mbps) miniPCI Card

Quote Originally Posted by Van
    The original campaign that comes with NWN is average. The second expansion for the game, Hordes of the Underdark, is outstanding however.
    thanks, can't wait until the laptop/games arrive.. for now i guess its just the ps2 for me

Can I ask why you went with the AW over the Sager - not a flame just curious.
    5680 2.8Ghz
    512MB DDR400 RAM
    60GB 5400 HD
    15" UXGA WVA
    128 MB ATI 9600 Pro Turbo
    My Sager beat up your momma

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast