Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Battlefield 2: Your Guide to The HOFF

Battlefield 2: Your Guide to The HOFFE

Behold Armor Whores, I present to you the HOFFE, the Armor Whores best friend.

The HOFFE combat wrench

This is quite frankly the most amazing device on the battlefield 2 battlefield. As an engineer you can use your wrench to repair any vehicles, commander assets, TOW emplacements, and bridges, remove mines and claymores, and even repair exploding barrels (seriously, you are likely to be killed by someone shooting the very same barrel but go ahead and wrench away grease monkey). Most importantly, you can use it to repair vehicles from another vehicle making The HOFFE a vital tool for the aspiring or experienced armor whore alike.

The HOFFE, the Armor Whore, and You!
    It still baffles me why people drive around in armor as some class besides engineer. I am sure they have their reasons such as getting badges and more points, but if you are in a piece of armor it makes much more sense to be an engineer. The main reason for this is your increased battlefield survivability. When damaged you can retreat to a safe spot, bust out your HOFFE and repair.

Find a nice safe place and repair you armor. Don’t stop moving (snipers) and watch for enemies that may steal your ride and kill you with it.

Even better would be to drive with other engineers in armor. There are several reasons for this tactic:

1) There is strength in numbers – From a strictly armor whore perspective the more armor you have in one spot means more firepower and the amount of damage you can cause to one target.
    2) Increased your battlefield survivability – If you are all engineers you can repair each other quickly.
    3) Increase your cover – Other armor in your group can protect your flanks from AT and pesky Spec-Ops trying to plant C4. If you are damaged an aware teammate can pull in front of you and block fire while you are repairing.

What’s the black stuff between the treads of a friendly tank?
    Since armor is limited on the battlefield most aspiring armor whore engineers will not be in a piece of armor. Don’t just sit there and wait for a piece of armor to spawn, go help out, but be careful. If you have any experience as an armor whore you know they have a love and hate relationship with engineers. Armor usually attracts a lot of attention from enemy armor and Anti-Tank ground troops hence they are in constant need of being repaired. In the absence of a supply crate an engineer wrenching away on the quarter panel is one of the armor whores favorite sights just behind a freshly spawned sniper. Unfortunately this relationship usually goes south quickly. Since armor whores in a damaged vehicle spook easily any offending fire will usually cause the armor whore to beat a hasty retreat – usually right over the engineer resulting in an unintentional TK. To avoid this problem engineers should always repair armored vehicles from the corners and from a safe distance. Engineers can be a few meters away from a vehicle and still repair it, so use this feature to your advantage.

The armor kill zone. Stay out of the red and on one of the four corners or the sides and at a safe distance while repairing to avoid getting crushed.

Stay away from the front and back of the armor when on foot. Repair from the corners or side. Looking forward while repairing from the side can give you a view of attacking enemies.

No Tanks to Whore In? HMMWVs are not just for Jihading.
    While HMMWVs are great for fast transportation and have been embraced by spec-ops players for the alternative purpose of Jihading, they are totally unappreciated by the engineer class. Using a jeep is another great way to avoid getting run over while repairing a vehicle and essentially turn an engineer into a mobile repair crate. Often jeeps and lighter vehicles lie unused on the battlefield, so just pick one up and use it as your mobile mechanic station repairing commander assets and friendly armor without draining your precious HOFFE. To repair you friendly armor, just pull up and use them as a shield from enemy fire. Just try not to impede their movement. Position yourself so that you can quickly get out of the way if the armor needs to back up or turn. Often a piece of armor that is on the verge of blowing will try to retreat in hopes of repairing and rejoining the battle. Since you are faster and more agile than the armor use these traits to keep out of their way and by their side. Using such tactics will make you a very important piece of an armor column.

Helping out two APCs. Back up when they do.

So just remember your HOFFE on the battlefield fellow whores.

You wanna play rough? Okay Guntizzle's Avatar
    lol sweet hoff you make this?

sweet hoff pic ftw!

maybe ill write up a sniper guide if i get some free time..

Quote Originally Posted by Guntizzle
    lol sweet hoff you make this?

sweet hoff pic ftw!

maybe ill write up a sniper guide if i get some free time..
    No, all those spongebob movie Hoff animations are pretty old.

How about if your in the tank and setting up camp to avoide the C4 men in there hummers and what not place some AT mines around you?
    Only when camping ofcourse, this should stop them or slow them.
    Gunners reporting on locations can help a lot too.

AND IF YOU SEE A TANK COMING YOUR WAY DO NOT RUN INFRONT OF IT i don't stop for them now, i just run them down, i mean they can see you coming your the one that has limited visability.

You wanna play rough? Okay Guntizzle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ckaplan
    No, all those spongebob movie Hoff animations are pretty old.
    i ment the guide, the hoff pic was a completly different subject lol

Quote Originally Posted by Guntizzle
    i ment the guide, the hoff pic was a completly different subject lol
    Oh! Yeah, I made it. If you look close you can see the little guy in the pictures has a blue "sR CKaplan" above his head.

nice guide dude

Quote Originally Posted by butch
    How about if your in the tank and setting up camp to avoide the C4 men in there hummers and what not place some AT mines around you?
    Only when camping ofcourse, this should stop them or slow them.
    Gunners reporting on locations can help a lot too.

AND IF YOU SEE A TANK COMING YOUR WAY DO NOT RUN INFRONT OF IT i don't stop for them now, i just run them down, i mean they can see you coming your the one that has limited visability.
    If I could stop tards from running in front of my tank with a wrench I would. We need to make a general guide of stupid things people should avoid doing in Battlefield 2. Not a bad idea for a thread. Battlefield 2: The "S#!T!!" Guide - Stupid things that people should avoid doing on the battlefield in Battlefield 2.

We need to make a general guide of stupid things people should avoid doing in Battlefield 2. Not a bad idea for a thread.
    Not a bad idea at all . I'm still new to the game , played the demo for about an hour and didn't like it , then bought the full game for my son , watched him play for a few months now I'm hooked as well (10 whole hours of game play so far lol) Anything that could possibly improve my abysmal skills would be welcomed
    Intel 8600k 6 core i5 @4.3Ghz, Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370 Mobo , 16GB G.Skill 3200MHz Ripjaws, EVGA GTX 1080 Ti Gaming ICX 11GB, EVGA Supernova G2 750w Gold, BenQ 32" 1440p 4ms LCD, Corsair Sabre RGB, Corsair K70 Lux, HyperX Cloud II 7.1, Corsair Graphite 780t

If I could stop tards from running in front of my tank with a wrench I would. We need to make a general guide of stupid things people should avoid doing in Battlefield 2. Not a bad idea for a thread. Battlefield 2: The "S#!T!!" Guide - Stupid things that people should avoid doing on the battlefield in Battlefield 2.
    Yeah, i did many stupid things late last night lol, running towards a tank with nothing but a pistol with one clip left.....yeah, didn't go so well lol.

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast