Thread: BattleRecorder

BattleRecorder

I have been playing for over a year now and have a simple question. Why does no one use this feature? I have been playing on many different severs and have never been able to download any of the games I have played. Is it a resouces hog or does it kill the sever? I have missed a lot of really funny videos of my playing and I want them. Does anyone know of any severs that offer it and has sR looked into offering it?

Also what are your thoughts on Battle Recorded. Discuss.

N00b Herder
    Some servers do use it. I check after playing and save some of the more memorable ones. It's very useful for competitive play and moviemaking. Make sure you download the demos right after playing, because most servers expire them quickly.

I'm also always using FRAPS, and take quick movies when something interesting happens. I have a whole bunch of different ones that I show to people who I introduce to BF2. If you haven't played the game before it's an eye-popping experience.

You can also go and download a lot of demos here and there. Get some of the ones of the better players and you can learn a lot starting out.

DO NOT, however, expect to get much out of the better competitive team demos, unless prone-spamming and macro use is what you're looking for. There's only so much 1337 ninja shock paddle prone flying kills one can take. Especially after getting your butt wiped all over the map by folks doing that crap.
    PLAYING: Gears of War | Battlefield 2142 | Medieval 2 | Civilization 4 | Supreme Commander

Yeah I know were to get demos z00b I want to DL my own online playing. Fraps is meh I have used it and its not worth the money to me plus evertime I recored more then one video I cant get into the folder because every time I try and open the folder the files are so freaking big it crashs windows.

N00b Herder
    Nah, I wasn't suggesting FRAPS as a replacement.

The real benefit of BattleRecorder is that you can fly around, change perspective, cam people, and all of that, and then make movies in the process.

To answer your original question, I don't know why the sR servers don't have it on. Bandwidth considerations possibly. We used it to great effect on the CAL match server.
    PLAYING: Gears of War | Battlefield 2142 | Medieval 2 | Civilization 4 | Supreme Commander

Yeah I know that CAL uses it I just hope that more severs had it.