Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: running in a window

running in a window

Can you resize these windows when playing cs source. I want to buy a huge 42" lcd but want to have a movie going, surf the net, and have cs source in the bottom corner.

You wanna play rough? Okay Guntizzle's Avatar
    well... its wishful thinking, but if u play any game in a window it still takes up massive memory and cpu, hence u really cant do too much while playing a game

If you get the best of the best of everything you might be able to do it -- 4 gigs ram, 1 gig video ram (can do that now right?) and the fastest dual core processor you can buy. Dual Cores are specifically designed for working with multiple applications open at the same time. It might work... but not that a 42" LCD would go to waste if it didn't :P

But I believe you can play in windowed mode, though i've never done it.
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

^Wouldn't this be a classic case of where a dual-core would come out on top? I mean it seems a dual core was made for this kind of thing.
    When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life.
    --Anonymous

Love is like racing across the frozen tundra on a snowmobile which flips over, trapping you underneath. At night, the ice-weasels come.
    -- Matt Groening

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    You can run Source in a window, but watching a movie and playing will kill your frames.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

Hmmm...then would it be time to get a dual opteron server/desktop? Wow, the overkill potential near flattens me.
    When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life.
    --Anonymous

Love is like racing across the frozen tundra on a snowmobile which flips over, trapping you underneath. At night, the ice-weasels come.
    -- Matt Groening

not to mention a 42" is going to take insane resolution.

but if you can afford that, quad SLI should be affordable too, and then you could do all that stuff at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent Vega
    not to mention a 42" is going to take insane resolution.

but if you can afford that, quad SLI should be affordable too, and then you could do all that stuff at once.

well i thinking about a westinghouse 42. it's under 2 grand and has 1920 x 1200 resolution which I think a 7950gx2 will handle no problem.

I was going to go with this but might go with 2 19" setups then if no graphics card can handle a game and a movie

I just wanted the 42 to be my screen with 3 apps running at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDeuce
    You can run Source in a window, but watching a movie and playing will kill your frames.
    can you resize the window? I know you can move it but have not been able to resize it.

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    Only way to resize it is to run it at different resolutions I believe.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast