Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camping T?

This is my final stance and I am sure a final decision will be made in regards to this. Office is not a competitive map. Most people that play office servers do not do so to play team based, play with "strats" etc. When one side is dominating, the other usually camps. If the T's are blowing out the CT's. What are the CT's doing? Camping garage or just outside of the long hall, thus creating lots of blockage and a real cluster.

Look at a map like compound. Where are T's EVERY SINGLE round? Camping the hosties in that wooden room. What do those t's usually do? Kill about 5-7 CT's. T's are supposed to camp; it is the objective of the game on CS_ maps.

So if anything, T's RUSHING garage is kinda going against the "protocol" of objectives. But that is just what people do on this map. They do what they want. IF T's are dominating, they rush. If they lose, they camp. Same with CT's.

But to have rules for a fun, kill em, smash em server like Office, I just dont agree with having rules for camping.
    that is my .02.
    But ultimately it is up to the members of sR to determine if "camping" should be allowed. Our rules don't exist in a vaccum here guys/gals. So if you want the rule to stand for T's, just say so. If you think its silly, just say so. I think this is a rule that can go either way. I for one, am against it just because of the principle of what office is; a fun, low-key server that people just go to have fun.
    peace

edit: Zuz and Token, thank you for joining the forums. I hope you see we are a constantly growing and evolving community. I am glad to see that your question was posted and addressed in minutes of submittal. That is just one of the many reasons that sR is such a great community to be a part of. Welcome to NBF and sR. Peace.

Thanks for all the responses to my question!!!!
    I do not mean to offend anyone, I have over 8days on this server and I was only slayed once for camping on CTS , haha. That was when I was new. I will still enjoy camping, I am sure some CTS know where I like to lurk .

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDeuce
    It doesn't give you a better chance. I know because almost everytime the T's camp projector room, they lose. I've been on T where they camp the first 5-6 rounds and get dominated. Once I get them to push out, they start winning. Everytime I've gotten them to push out, we have won. Every single time.

It's not like you have to rush into CT spawn or into front office, just pushing up into long hall and outside garage helps. Then if you have to you can fall back instead of being stuck in a corner in the projection room. Even if the T's camp there once or even twice a game I don't have that big a problem with it, it's when the entire team does it continuously that it causes a problem. Whatever team controls the chokepoints is usually going to win. When you sit in projector room, CTs can stroll right up to spawn. If you say there are too many AWPs, use grenades on them and either get close to them or make them come to you and play a short angle so you have the advantage. Or just get an Scout and outshoot them.
    :yeahthat: i agree with your stance towards pr camping. Often it will be me and 1-2 others rushing garage or font office while the rest of my team is sitting aroundin pr. i do feel that when there are 8-10 awpers in garage, they should also be slain. I can understand a few awps, but on numerous occasions, i have seen as many as 3/4 of ct awping. maybe a 5-7 awp limit?

edit: fixed

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chode messiah
    Often it will be me and 1-2 others rushing garage or font office while the rest of my team is sitting aroundin pr.
    That's the biggest thing is when you get a few people pushing out and everyone else camping. The CT's are able to easily kill the few that pushed, and have the advantage of having 3 or 4 people more than the T's.

As for the CT's in garage, if they sit there the entire time and make no effort to push up, or sit up in the window rooms camping, I do the same thing. There are times when you have to hold garage and can't really push up, so you just keep falling back a little trying to get frags. Eventually either the T's will break through and be able to come up behind the rest of the CT's, or you'll get the kills and be able to push up to back stairs.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

But what if there are 4 people camping each round the pr? That really wouldnt prevent the "rush" from the T's. Not every T rushes, nor should they. Some hold long hall. I see absolutely no problem with a few T's camping PR. I think there should be some. Some hold long hall, and some rush. So is the issue at hand with the entire T team camping PR, or just some people in the PR? While I still think its tough to regulate who can do what, I can agree that the whole T team shouldnt camp the pr. But having a few people retreat to the PR can be good strategy. Its a well controlled area with two entries. Having four people in PR would allow more CT's to be killed than the remaining T's even though they woudl eventually lose.

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    But why just sit in the projector room when you can push out a little and watch long hall or the garage side entrance to T spawn? You help out your teammates that have pushed out and can fall back a little each time if the CT's are pushing hard. It gives you more time and more room to maneuver rather than just being stuck in a little room.

Like I said before, everytime I've played on office and most of the T's camp projector, they lose. Pushing out and holding the chokepoints is what let's you win. I've proved it before when the T's get rolled as they all sit in projector room, but once I get them to push out to garage and hold the hallways, they win.

Even when only a few people are sitting there, it doesn't help your team. For some reason everyone thinks that when I say don't camp in projector room, that means T's have to rush to CT spawn with their knives out. All you have to do is push out and hold garage and long hall at the minimum and your chances of winning goes up.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

That is very hard to do when CTS are awping good. I know that for a fact, the only way to let the CTS run in with there pistals, and kill them. If we show any part of our body we just die. So we have to stay away from doors. I agree we tried rushing garage and office, nothing was working. Sometimes you have to camp one or two rounds but you can save money on shutguns.

Zuz
    Everyone has different expectations of how the game should be played- and that's fine. But as an Admin if you're going to kick/ban/slay etc. you at least owe the offender an explanation for your decision. Take a minute in Specs to explain, or rather than saying "Dont ****ing camp" say "You're not going to win if you camp, move into the halls and take on the CTs".

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDeuce
    That's the biggest thing is when you get a few people pushing out and everyone else camping. The CT's are able to easily kill the few that pushed, and have the advantage of having 3 or 4 people more than the T's.

As for the CT's in garage, if they sit there the entire time and make no effort to push up, or sit up in the window rooms camping, I do the same thing. There are times when you have to hold garage and can't really push up, so you just keep falling back a little trying to get frags. Eventually either the T's will break through and be able to come up behind the rest of the CT's, or you'll get the kills and be able to push up to back stairs.

Ok, I dont know if everyone read the other post about this, but guys here it is short and simple:

Yankee is better than you, he knows what works (I mean if he didnt do you think he would be so good?) so instead of bitching about him slaying you, try other shit... If rushing as T's dont work, then not everyone is rushing.. If you all camp, frag nades will pwn you all...

So I suggest this (and I freaking suck at this game!!) - Listen to people who are better than you, take what they say and apply it, they are better than you for a reason!!!

P.S. And to finish this rant, it is so much sweeter to get slayed by an admin when you kill them than to die by some noob like me

Mum out:moon:

"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
    For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
    Shall be my brother." William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by sR->Mumpower
    Ok, I dont know if everyone read the other post about this, but guys here it is short and simple:

Yankee is better than you, he knows what works (I mean if he didnt do you think he would be so good?) so instead of bitching about him slaying you, try other shit... If rushing as T's dont work, then not everyone is rushing.. If you all camp, frag nades will pwn you all...

So I suggest this (and I freaking suck at this game!!) - Listen to people who are better than you, take what they say and apply it, they are better than you for a reason!!!

P.S. And to finish this rant, it is so much sweeter to get slayed by an admin when you kill them than to die by some noob like me

Mum out:moon:
    haha words of wisdom. I don't think anyone here doubts yank's love for the game. Many people at sR are indeed competitive with this game and play pretty well across many different gametypes and servers. I think this competitiveness does translate to certain people "flowing" with the game in different ways. I think some people will just agree to disagree.

After further discussing this issue with yankee and a few others, it appears there were some other circumstances going on that can lead to being slayed. If you are killing the hosties in the waiting room and only keeping the last two hosties in the pr room alive; well that is BS. If your whole team is really trying to push forward and a few just try to stay back and camp...well that is up in the air of interpretation.

I personally dont really tolerate a lot of crap that I see on servers, and I hate when people dont tend to their objectives.

So basically it will break down like this; if yankee is on the server and the t's aren't pushing forward and trying to hold the key spots garage and long hall...and people are campign the projector room; well you are probably going to get slayed.

If I am admining and I see a few dudes camping projector room while others are doing "their thing" and the people camping pr aren't killing the other hosties and not making it a "bad habit" well I will probably not have issue with it. Hell I might need to save for a shotgun myself....nah prolly not.

And if yank and I are both on the server, well then obviously obey the rules that the console states. I think we all know yank's stance. Its not a bad one. We really do try to keep our servers competitive, fun and moving along well.

You dont know how many times I go to random servers to see admins constantly typing in their admin chat so everyone can read in bright green letters what they are saying because its so "leet." Or how many times they are allowing racism, poor play, and just abusing their power.

Our admins really do their best to be fair, unbiased, and keep a great community going and growing. I may disagree with yankee, and he may disagree with me. You guys/gals may disagree with both of us, but at least we have an opportunity to all be heard. Compromises can be made. And yes...you can still be slayed Keep fraggin. Peace.
    dave

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 123 ... LastLast