Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Fast or Slow mouse sens?

Here comes the BOOM! Switchblade's Avatar

Fast or Slow mouse sens?

Alright, i gawts a question, mainly for you pros in the cal teams due to your far greater gaming experience with source and 1.6 but not excluding anyone (as in i want to see what everyone else plays with as well)

what sensitvities do you play on, and dont say like the ingame setting in source, or your operating system settings, im asking like will your screen do a 180 by moving the mouse 3 inches left or so, a relative speed of sorts, since everybody's computer has a different sensitivity, making the css sens diff for everyone (and yes i know it's an odd way to give your sensitivity, but its the only way i could think of to overcome the difference in the numerous sensitvity settings throughout everyones' computers)

if you dont feel like checkin how many inches to be exact, you can just say you can make a 180 with minimal movement, or it takes you a good distance to make a 90 degree turn, im not looking for anything specific, just a relative answer

personally i like a good view angle without straining my wrist, so i dont really have to fling the thing around trying to get someone behind me, just a simple flick and im on him. personal preference of course, but to each his own

mine does a 90 degree in about 2 inches movement to the side, relatively low to midrange speed

im testing a faster speed, so i can do a 180 in about that same move, so i'm gonna see how that goes, and you guys can post some feedback to help a noob out :bow:
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    17" mousepad. I do a little more than a 180 with 1 pass acrossed it.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

I do a 180 in about 1/2 inch, give or take. I used to play with even higher sensitivity, where a 180 would be like a 1/4 inch move. Never could understand why people bought the high-sensitivity gaming mouses and played with the lowest sensitivities possible..

YankeeDeuce.. What mouse pad do you play on? 17" is pretty huge.
    Dell Inspiron 9300 - 1.73ghz Pentium M | 1GB DDR2 RAM | 256mb nVidia Go6800 w/ XG drivers @ 390/810 | 17" Widescreen display w/ TrueLife | 60GB 5400RPM Hard Drive | Combo Drive | 3dMark05: 4570 :headbang:

HTPC - Antec Solution Series NSK2400 Case | 2.66GHz Dual-Core Pentium D 805 | 1GB PC3200 RAM | Sapphire ATi Radeon 512MB X1600PRO Pci-Express | Dual BenQ FP931 19" LCD/27" CRT TV | Panasonic 500 Watt 5.1 Surround Sound | 360GB Hard Drive Space | Lite-On 16X DL DVD Burner

i have a 1600 dpi mouse, and have 3 sensitivity in cs. if i go across my mousepad, about 7 inches, ill do a 360. i thin k

I think mouse sensitivity is different for everyone, I know people who own from 3-14. I use 13 right now.

Quote Originally Posted by blowjustinup
    Never could understand why people bought the high-sensitivity gaming mouses and played with the lowest sensitivities possible..
    The higher the DPI, the more accurate the mouse is. I use a Copperhead on 2000dpi and set my sens to .6 rather than set the Copperhead to 800dpi and use 3 or 4 or whatever because it feels better ingame.

Quote Originally Posted by blowjustinup
    YankeeDeuce.. What mouse pad do you play on? 17" is pretty huge.
    Razer Mantis Control

yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

Quote Originally Posted by token
    I think mouse sensitivity is different for everyone, I know people who own from 3-14. I use 13 right now.
    That's because your mouse sens depends on your mouse, dpi, drivers, windows sens, acceleration, resolution, refresh rate, mouse fix, etc etc. The only way to compare is like ninja said, seeing how far you turn in so many inches. 2 people could be using the same sens but one does a 180 in 1 inch and the other does a 180 in 5.
    Even after I reformat my sens ends up changing a little bit to make it feel the same.

yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

2000 dpi G5 1.2 game sensitivity, i do a 180 in like 5-7 inches.

I have slightly above the default but I have my mouse sensitivity at 1600dpi.

You wanna play rough? Okay Guntizzle's Avatar
    i like it low, even with my 1600Dpi, 850

Page 1 of 4 12 ... LastLast