Thread: Force Powers Lucas can finally be proud of?

Force Powers Lucas can finally be proud of?

http://www.nextechnews.com/PermaLink...b49055ccc.aspx
    See the video: way cool!

Past games from Lucas Arts just haven't really... well they haven't showcased how the Force Powers should be. (you know... Kick Ass). Apparently Lucas Arts got together with Pixelux and Natural Motion to Develop new technology for their upcoming NextGen games (by this i believe they mean games in general not just Starwars).

As far as i'm aware the specific games to showcase the new engines have not been announced yet (if you know of any please drop me a mail and i'll update for sure) The fact is the video below was leaked from a closed event at e3 2006 to demonstrate the Digital Molecular Matter technology that Pixelux developed. It's a tech demo so it wasn't definied as which Starwars game will showcase it as i said before, but the fact is it's enough to make every starwars fan shed a tear and pray that whatever LucasArts game it is comes out as soon as possible. Perticularly exciting is the last section, i love the stormtrooper grabbing on for dear life to the rebar LOL.
    When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life.
    --Anonymous

Love is like racing across the frozen tundra on a snowmobile which flips over, trapping you underneath. At night, the ice-weasels come.
    -- Matt Groening

That looks pretty cool - if you can actually do all that stuff, then really cool!
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

^Yeah, that's the claim. I have a real weakness for fps games with force powers--I loved Jedi Knight II...
    When I was 5 years old, my mom always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down “happy.” They told me I didn’t understand the assignment and I told them they didn’t understand life.
    --Anonymous

Love is like racing across the frozen tundra on a snowmobile which flips over, trapping you underneath. At night, the ice-weasels come.
    -- Matt Groening

man, that has to be the coolest thing i have ever seen, but you know you wont be able to do it. that was probably some cg cut-scene. that is just way too complicated to be actual gameplay...maybe in 5 years.
    aka MOJO (commence lag-out)
    aka Hal 9000

I don't know about that--I think the xbox360/PS3/PC-with-7900 could do that right now, with good framerates...

Heck, I'd probably buy one of those consoles I mentioned above just to play that game...though I'd rather play the PC version with the mouse+keyboard.
    --Anonymous

-- Matt Groening