Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BF2 help!

BF2 help!

Hey all,
    I really want to get battlefield 2 as it looks like an awesome game! My question is will my computer be able to run it? I have a Compal CL56 with the following specs:
    Pentium M 2 GHz
    1 GB RAM
    ATI MR9700 128MB GPU

Im praying that my system will still be able to run it, what do you guys think? Can I join the rest of you in BF2?
    Thanks!
    -John

Blog Entries
    Yes
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Commander
    Will it run it, yes, funly, I dunno the graphic are gonna be lacking heavily.

Quote Originally Posted by JAHmtb
    Hey all,
    I really want to get battlefield 2 as it looks like an awesome game! My question is will my computer be able to run it? I have a Compal CL56 with the following specs:
    Pentium M 2 GHz
    1 GB RAM
    ATI MR9700 128MB GPU

Im praying that my system will still be able to run it, what do you guys think? Can I join the rest of you in BF2?
    Thanks!
    -John
    you will need to play with your graphics settings pretty low and the 1gb of RAM is going to make your cache'ing situation ugly...but...it will play. I have the same exact setup on my Sony laptop and its a dog...but it still barks.

And yes, you can surely hop in and be part of the strafeRight community when you get online with the game! w00t!

Commander
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    you will need to play with your graphics settings pretty low and the 1gb of RAM is going to make your cache'ing situation ugly...but...it will play. I have the same exact setup on my Sony laptop and its a dog...but it still barks.

And yes, you can surely hop in and be part of the strafeRight community when you get online with the game! w00t!

I'm going to have to dissagree, there is no way he can jump into a 64 manned server with that rig, the lag alone would make it unplayable, not to mention his hardware.

It would prolly play on low multiplayer servers with about 10 or 15 people on low settings everything turned just about off.

nah it shouldnt be "that bad"

Commander
    I couldn't handle 64 man servers with 2 gigs ram and a 6800 clocked at Ultra speeds, yet he'll be pretty good with 1 gig and a 9700?

Quite honestly its not gonna be worth the time or hassle. When I put in my New vid card today and loaded bf2, now I see why people get such high damn scores, its like night and day between mediocre equipment and HIGH end, I mean everything is soo damn smooth its actually playable fun wise.

I think he will be ok i have a 128 6600GT VC OC with a gig of ram, and i run everything on Mid. and she runs smooth for me on a 64 man server.

Commander
    That is much impressive that your computer runs it smooth at mid level, you must have turned something off with only 1 gig ram. And if you think thats smooth then you should try a 7800GTX or higher with 2 gigs ram, then you'll fully understand teh meaning of smooth.

here are my V settings in game they are set on the Def. Mid settings.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast