Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Portals Testing

Portals Testing

If only teh CT's had it this easy:

Sammy87 this one's for you:

A quick Escape:

The real Portals is going to pwn these, and yes the portals in the pics are functional, and can be a bit buggy. I tried the infinite loop portals and they dont work all that well. I can't wait for EP2 and portals. I got stuck inside walls a couple times. but with the portal gun you can escape.
    , because Now i am thinking with Portals!

EDIT: BTW this is a mod to Garrys mod if you wanted to check it out.
    :dots:

Awesome, Ive heard of Garrys mod but Im yet to find out what it is. Elaborate please

Wow.

Wouldn't that be interesting? Have a CS:S night with portals? Talk about chaos!! Lol... idea seems fascinating though!
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Quote Originally Posted by YangsLilBro
    Awesome, Ive heard of Garrys mod but Im yet to find out what it is. Elaborate please
    Garrys mod is tough to describe, you can go to any stock map installed plus a few extra with the mod, you can spawn anything that is in the games. Most the servers for the mod are for building things. Yes you can weld things together. Also you can spawn AI, or just models to make cool looking scenes.

www.garrysmod.org for the mod

and portals www.garrysmod.org/downloads/view/dl/800/

I tried playing Garry's mod once, didn't know what was going on..
    TeamLess

So can someone explain to me how to get this to work?

there should either be an executable install file or if not a gmod folder. if its just a folder put it in the source mods folder inside steamapps or something.

What do I need to dl? I dl'ed the portal gun but I cant find th executable file or w/e.

http://files.filefront.com/SEARCH/;4.../fileinfo.html that is garrys mod you need that first then DL the link i posted above.

Go to program files/Valve/Steam/SteamApps/Sourcemods/gmod9/ this is the section you will be working with. then extract the portal files to your desktop you should see 3 folders and 3 screenshots if you notice you see the names of the folders on the desktop are also in the programfiles/Valve/Steam/SteamApps/Sourcemods/gmod9/ directory. all there is left to do is open the folders on the desktop then move that stuff into the game directory.

for example open the lua folder in the desktop you will see three folders init, weapons,, objects. theses folders also exist in the main directory so you will need to open them up and move the portal files to the game files. If windows prompts you to overwrite anything dont, that means something was done wrong. basically follow the directories and move the files there

desktop/lua/init/portal_core goesin the programfiles/Valve/Steam/SteamApps/Sourcemods/gmod9/lua/init folder

and do it for each folder on the desktop. after that open steam and launch garry's mod load a map just use the cs ones to start. when you spawn look at the ground a few feet infront of you then hold Q and you will see a menu look in the upper left of the menu you should see a drop down menu. click it and click SWEP and you should see a list of weapons. then click on portal wait for it to spawn then pick it up.

left click is the entrance right click is the exit

Cool thanks Senses Ill check this out right away! Yeah I didnt know where to get Garry's Mod itself, that explains alot haha.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast