Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mechwarrior genre games?

Advanced Alien Lifeform Jwolf24601's Avatar

Mechwarrior genre games?

Are there any more recent mechwarrior style games? I loved mechwarrior 4 but would like something more up to date.

Any games like that comming out any time soon?
    Dell E1705 | Intel T2400 1.83ghz | 512mb pc4200 | Go 7900 GS | 60gb 7200rpm | 1440x900

BF2142 will have Mechs in it.... though you'll have to wait for alittle until you can play it.

Here's two of the Mechs that you can use. One for the EU
    One for the PAC

But yeah, good stuff!
    "Good...Bad...I'm the guy with the gun."

Thanks Fuzzy, I guess that's it for now though :/
    Dell E1705 | Intel T2400 1.83ghz | 512mb pc4200 | Go 7900 GS | 60gb 7200rpm | 1440x900

Jwolf I Love the Battletech universe and miss the Mechwarrior games the most recent two games were for the Xbox Mechassult one and two they were fun but nothing like the Mechwarrior games. The most recent of those is MechWarrior 4 Mercs with the to mech packs Clan and IS. Also if you have vengeance you should get BlackKnight expanstion. Basically Mech4 Blackknight Mercs and the Mech packs all go together and you end up with one Big game that has many different missions with a TON of mechs. The Merc seris is based after the Fall of the clans and during the FedCom civil war between Vitor and Katraina you get to chose what Merc group you want to be your sponser Kell Hounds Wolfs Dragoons Gray Death or the Highlanders and then you get to through which contracts you take side with the Federation Suns or the Lyrin Alliance plus there is Solaris to break up the missions and make some quick cash. I still play this whole group of games and love it. Also if you can find a copy of MechWarrior 3 Priates Moon its alot of Fun old but fun.

The closest thing to a Mechwarrior game that has come out in recent years was Steel Battalion for X-Box.

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/chromehounds/gallery.php

BUild your own hound and vote for others have fun.

N00b Herder
    Wasn't Steel Battalion that game that had the whole huge separate controller specifically for it? Sounded kind of neat to me, but I never looked that closely into it.

Battlefield 2142 all the way though, we'll have mechs and a whole lot more.

Whatever happened to the Mechwarrior series/world anyway? Or Heavy Gear - the Gears were neat, because they were smaller-scale mechs with more agility.
    PLAYING: Gears of War | Battlefield 2142 | Medieval 2 | Civilization 4 | Supreme Commander

N00b Herder
    Chrome Hounds looks neat. Anyone playing it now? I have an xbox 360 sort of sitting idle since a recent move and haven't put my plasma screen up on its wall yet, but that looks pretty sweet.
    PLAYING: Gears of War | Battlefield 2142 | Medieval 2 | Civilization 4 | Supreme Commander

I guess I'm out of luck for mechs as I have no gaming consoles.

BF2142 looks cool, but one of the big aspects I liked for the Mechwarrior series was customizing them.

Well thanks for everyone's input.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast