Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quake 3

Quake 3

So I thought I'd relive the old days and load up a little Quake 3, this time rigged up with 3 screens instead of 1 ;-).

My question is this (probably applies to all you widescreen gamers as well): Is there a way to prevent the HUD from scaling with the resolution?

The biggest problem I'm havng is that stretching the HUD across 3 screens (3840x1024) makes it almost impossible to glance at it in the middle of a game, plus it's waay distorted. Any advice? Is there a cvar that controls this somewhere?

This may burn a little... karizma's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wilco
    So I thought I'd relive the old days and load up a little Quake 3, this time rigged up with 3 screens instead of 1 ;-).

My question is this (probably applies to all you widescreen gamers as well): Is there a way to prevent the HUD from scaling with the resolution?

The biggest problem I'm havng is that stretching the HUD across 3 screens (3840x1024) makes it almost impossible to glance at it in the middle of a game, plus it's waay distorted. Any advice? Is there a cvar that controls this somewhere?
    I cant remember the exact commands, but you can probably google the commands. If you can actually get the game to display on all 3 screens open the console and change your FoV. I think the command is /cg_fov 110 (you can change the number). Default is 90 degree's....but you can play with up to 180 view I believe.

Then there are also other /cg commands that change a lot of things like your gun size and such.

Not sure if you tried any of this, but GL.

Edit: Quake3 instagib and RA were my favorite back in the day when I could actually own it up in FPS. Lots have happened since then and the face pwning is no longer there =(
    [/URL]

do we still have the QIII DM server?

would you play on it? believe it or not I never really got into Q3A.. and I lived Q2DM for years

We could host one but let's keep it simple...we have enough going on with trying to get a CoD2 server going

i'd play it if it had that mod that bryan likes

is the Q3A CTF?

Quake 3: Challenge Pro-mode Arena

I was itching to play some CPMA last night, but Bryan had already went to bed, so I just played against bots. Still fun though.

actually the QIII bots are probably the only bots that i enjoy playing against... UT and CSS bots are just dumb

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast