Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dust2 is usually empty cuz...

Here comes the BOOM! Switchblade's Avatar

Dust2 is usually empty cuz...

EDIT: I slightly over-exaggerated the problem, being frustrated as I was, but the issue still remains nevertheless. Just not as bad as my upset self proclaimed it to be. But it still does make players leave at times, sometimes a great amount of them.

I noticed today, while mainly playing on D2 that the teams would occasionally get severely stacked skill-wise. Nobody usually does anything, even when people say something about it, and that just makes the pubbers mad and leave. In a round or two after that, several players have usually left, sometimes half the entire team that was complaining of being stacked against. It basically clears out the server, cuz the people on the other team don't like playing 3 on 3 or so, when it could have been fun before the other 4-5 people left.

Just wanted to point out that little observation there...

I've gotten so frustrated at this before that I've just left the server, which is a rarity for me, since I usually play through hard times. And the sad thing was, someone said teams are perfectly fine when nearly the whole T team had no idea how to play and would stand around and do nothing really.

That "Smart Team Balance" plugin might be a good idea if this server is gonna stay alive for longer periods of time.

I love playing on the D2 server, but it's always empty, and then when it gets people in it, this issue happens and they just leave after an hour or so, giving just a short time to actually enjoy a good set of rounds on D2.

I know there's plenty of other reasons why it's hard to get it full, but this is one that I see all too often and can be prevented easily. It just needs the support and work of the community to do it.
    Last edited by Switchblade; 08-22-2006 at 12:52 AM.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

We've had autobalancing plugins before...they're more trouble than they're worth really. And teams weren't always that even anyway.

I'm telling you, if we can all make an effort to get in there every evening it will get going. Heck its already doing pretty well if you track its avg players on GameMonitor.

Look at the rank graph on the bottom right..it gets lower and lower rank because avg players is going up. That's a good thing. We're on the right path...we just need to keep on trucking

:thumbup:

jesus <3's frags CommodoreJesus's Avatar
    i usually try to keep the teams even when i'm on the office server. me and other sR players try to work together to this end. but i rarely play the d2 server cause no one is on when i go to play it. half the fun of playing on the sR servers is playing with all the cool people.

i'll try to give my two cents to the d2 server from now on. hope we can get some like-minded folk to follow suit.
    http://www.myspace.com/hi_ian_bye_ian - come hang with me
    sR -> sweet jeebus
    uGGH

I still suck at CS:S, so i like low pop dust2. Good practice for me. :bananas:

I would have to agree with switchblade (i just had to retype your name because i keep typing ninja:thumbdown) the teams do get kinda stacked some times its fun and some times its very frustrating I dont leave because of it I look at it as a good way to get better. If i can manage to win against a team off seasoned CSS pros then i feel pretty damn good about myself and team I try to tell that to my teammates when this happens because 9-10 times the teams stay stacked even if people say something. I have learned to deal with it because it happens and its going to keep happening but it will hurt the server alittle if we arent aware of it and make a small attempt to fix the issue.

Hey Hall where did you get that anime vid.

FEAR THE UNKNOWN:rockon:

went on yesterday evening and got my @$$ pwned by hunter. thanks hunt. but i ended on the positive side of the session thanks to a few bomb planting and finishing with above a 1:1 kd ratio.
    sR -> sweet jeebus
    uGGH

Here comes the BOOM! Switchblade's Avatar
    I was hoping to kinda alert everyone to how much of a problem the team thing can be at times, so that maybe we could all be a little more alert to teams getting stacked and help prevent it, cuz man I love D2 when it's near full and there's battle raging around everywhere and we're all having fun. Far better than office or assault, IMO. And I'm not saying that people aren't helping prevent the team issue, I'm just spreading the word.

And yea I see that D2 is gaining popularity, which is very good, since it's of course, fun to play in a populated server. Although most of the time that there's people in it, it's only around 4-8 players.

And Enigma, I'm still an Urban Ninja (IRL too ), so calling me Ninja is still perfectly fine.
    Last edited by Switchblade; 08-22-2006 at 12:50 AM.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

I agree with Ninja the teams are always stacked in dust 2. For a couple of rounds Hunter, Tyrant or even Duke will switch teams to even it out after they've got all there kills in:thumbdown . Another problem is there's no team communication
    Last edited by Aphrodite; 08-22-2006 at 02:11 PM.

:queen:

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite
    Another problem is there's no team communication
    Says the person who never talks on mic in-game.

Team stackage ftl!

dead mic/no communication ftl...
    i need to buy a new one but i dont have any money. i'll be willing to take up a collection if y'all want to pitch in and buy a new one for me. meh.

i played today and it was great cause we had a bunch of sR players on. good times when the sR's get together and kick it. tons of fun.
    sR -> sweet jeebus
    uGGH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast