Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: PLEASE READ.......INFANTRY ONLY AT sR

gbpckr89

PLEASE READ.......INFANTRY ONLY AT sR

Hello everyone, i just registered at this site and noticed some of the forums posted by one of your members, =0ctober=, and i believe that he is right. Straferight is now known for armor, usmc, and spawn camping whores, and it is very dissapointing to see such a good server shot down like that. In my opinion Straferight 24/7 Karaknd SHOULD GO INFANTRY ONLY. IO shows the payers wiyth real skill, and the players that deserve the medals. FOR instance, a PVC took an APC to a spawn point at hotel one of the last games i played, and went 67 and 2............SIXTY-SEVEN and TWO!!!. Now is that not ridiculous, that involves no skill other than then pushing your finger down on the mouse. That is not what Straferight shuold be known for, unskillful players at the top of the player's list that DO NOT deserve medals and ridiculously high points. Let the skillful players battle against the armor whores, such as KillerQUEEN kmiyc,(who is NEVER seen out of usmc engineer gear! Ask any sR player and they will agree.) and i will bet you my game that they will get CRUSHED. An armor whore out of his tank lasts one minute!. So i think that =0ctober= has a very good point, and sR needs to go infantry only, or at least try it. I gaurantee you will see better players, and most importantly a better REPUTATION!!!

Tanks FTW

There has been a lot of talk about going Infantry only, but my personal opinion is that BF2 is more then just running around and shooting/getting shot at. It was one of the first games to accually have vehicles that you could operate. I'm talking about BF1942 of course. If you're having a problem with spawn camping, tell your buddies to spwan AT and shoot a couple AT rockets at him. Taking down a pwning tank can be fun, specially if our own Teck is in it. I personally love driving the Tank and APCs. I get about 7 or 8 kills before an AT rocket takes me out. Somtimes I'm lucky and a fellow sR member grabs another APC and we both go Engineer and drive right next to each other repairing each other when needed. Someone always manages to run up to us and C4 us or AT our asses. It always balances itself out I believe.
    Last edited by Timmay; 08-27-2006 at 10:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    Welcome to the forums and Thank You for the feedback...
    "Teck will be working on God's forum" -VincentVega

"...and I like killing zombies and Cap'n Crunch. you put those two together and you've got one LETHAL-ASS good time combo" -DanFortH

"teck is the noobest leet guy I've ever met" -CoffeeShark

Welcome Gbpckr,
    Thank you very much for the feedback. It is important to us to provide the experience in our game servers that the majority of the community is looking for.

I think Timmay had some good points about BF2 being about Vehicles and the such. We have not made a final decision yet about IO and definately appreciate the input you had regarding this matter.

Our plan is that once the 1.4 patch hits, to play on a few other IO servers and see what the reaction is from everyone. We'd rather not use our already successful servers as a test bed.

Once we have had sometime to judge community feedback we can then make an educated estimation as to how to move forward with the configuration of our servers.

Again, welcome aboard sir
    :tomcat:

If tanks and APCs are dominating the infantry in any given round, then the infantry needs to get better and start using anti-tank, engineer and spec ops kits. A GOOD infantry grunt should have no problem taking out a GREAT armor whore, especially on Karkand.
    Last edited by ~FL~ Hoot; 08-27-2006 at 03:04 PM.

gbpckr89
    Thank you for the replies everyone, but "balancing itself out", i think is a wrong assumption. If your definition of balancing it out is a person getting lucky enough in the scramble for armor at the start of a game, and then going 50 and 5, ya I dont think that is really blanced. And your opinion on going AT and Spec-Ops, yes you are right about that, but that is sometimes merely impossible given the fact that you cannot last for 2 seconds to even get a rocket off when getting camped by armor."Balances itself out"...........? Not in my book.

Take it from me. I'm one of the best armor whores in the business and when the enemy team is actively attacking and countering me the armor is more trouble than it's worth (as in the unlimited dime a dozen medic kit becomes more helpful to my team winning the round). People who have squaded up with me before know this because if the enemy team is on the ball and has good AT players I'll say to my squad "Screw the armor.. I'm going medic!". Speaking of squads and teamwork I'm almost always a squad leader and when my squad encounters armor as infantry we'll call out the location of the armor and people will spawn as AT and destroy them. We do this a couple of times during the course of the round and next thing you know the enemy APC/tank is sitting at the enemy base unoccupied. I can understand though with IO that people don't want airplanes because the balance on them is screwy at this point IMO and I'd personally love to play Wake 2007 without the near invulnerable J-10 raping the USMC team. But unlike armor and transport vehicles the airplane isn't a vehicle that is absolutely critical to game balance. Without the transport/armored vehicles games will be guaranteed to stalemate and it'll become plainly obvious I'm right after IO is released.

I must say I'm also impressed with Timmay (and not just because he's a quality teamwork oriented player). I know from playing on VOIP with Timmay that he's part of the "younger" generation of gamers but man what a great informed and mature opinion regarding IO. He's exactly right and that's why the Battlefield 2 series is famous. Vehicles are an intergal part of balance and they provide a challenge for a team to overcome. Teamwork is the key when dealing with vehicles and if your team can manage to become "armor immune" then you reap huge rewards as your armor as a much easier time doing what they do and can easily swing the advantage in your teams direction.

It's also very true as one of the previous posters mentioned that their is more to being a good infantry player than running around as a medic on Karkand. A good infantry will be well versed in 3 or more of the most important kits (medic, support, and AT is a good combination of kits to be skilled with) and use them accordinly depending on what the map or situation demands demand. If you've got armor attacking you then either you've got to go AT to counter them or one of your teammates has to. Either way in vanilla BF2 teamwork is critical. In IO mode teamwork is pretty much a non-factor. You don't have any sort of obstacle to overcome or that your kit cannot effectively attack (medic/support versus armor for example) and only 2 of the kits are worth playing in IO mode (again medic and to a lesser extent support).
    Last edited by Bungalow_Bill; 08-27-2006 at 06:58 PM.

Thanks for the complement Bill. I'd like to think that I'm not TOO young, at 19 years old but I know there are some 30+ year olds that I've been talking to that I didn't even know they were that old.

I love going up against a tank as AT. Being in a tank has a sense of invincibility. As long as you have an engineer that sticks by you at all times, and a pretty decent team you can have some fun in a tank. I love sneaking behind enemy lines with my squad, not spawn camping, and send two or three rockets at the rear of a Tank. I'm not that skilled yet to pull off a C4 kill in the middle of a firefight, but an AT kill is very satisfying anyway.

I agree, spawning and getting killed right away by a tank shell is annoying, but try spawning at another spawn point. If you don't have another spawn point to spawn at, well then that is more your teams fault, or possibly a really good opposing team. I fail to believe that a Tank can turn a battle into a one-sided war. I havn't even mentioned AT Mines yet...

I will have to agree wiht bungalow bill and timmay on this one. It's not like only one side has armor. Both the US and MEC have 2 APCs and a Tank, in karkand, so IMO its pretty balanced. If one guy can go 62 and 2 with a tank, the I'm afraid the opposing team is to blame. This just shows that the other team was not able to adapt to the situation and take him out. Battlefield was made with vehicles and I believe it should stay that way. By taking them away will take away one of the best aspect of the game. Just my 2 cents. But if we do go IO then shieaat thats cool with me.
    Last edited by otogrim; 08-27-2006 at 08:01 PM.

My Homemade Game Rig: DFI Lanparty Ultra-D | AMD Opteron 165 @ 3.0ghz Ultra-120 | X2 eVga 7800gt |
    2gb OCZ GX gold PC4000 | 74gb WD Raptor (runs OS) | 250gb WD (storage)

gbpckr89
    So timmay you are saying a good idea is to spawn somewhere else? I dont agree with that because if everyone spawns elsewhere, whelp, there goes your flag. By spawning elsewhere becuase of useless armor whores, that leaves all other infantry to take a flag with ease, in return following that same "spawn elsewhere", eventually leading to MEC losing every flag and USMC crushing them every game. No spawning elsewhere is not the solution, the solution is to go IO, or put a ban on armor spawn camping. Now about the ways to kill a peice of armor, yes you all have very good points about what can kill a tank. WHAT CAN KILL A TANK, if you can turn around and shoot a rocket in the first .00000001 seconds of spawning......impossible. And you are right I use a piece of armor merely for my squad to go rush and take suburbs or train accident, but 95% of USMC armor whores STAY at hotel and rack up 100 points a game for being one of the players lucky enough to score an APC at the as i call it, running of the bulls in Spain, and that turns the tide of the game so a descent MEC team looses by lets say 50 tickets. IO will solve the problem of USMC racking up unskillful wins and un-deserved points in my opinion. Also, my older brother wanted to play with me and when he asked what server i was on, i said sR, and you know what he said??.......No way im going there dude everyone spawn camps and armor whores, find a different server and then call me. I got a little dissapointed to see this great server's rep getting thrown down the drain.
    Last edited by gbpckr89; 08-27-2006 at 09:51 PM.

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast