Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Steam error - inconsistent.

Steam error - inconsistent.

I'm getting the following error when I try to run steam, but it did, oddly enough, launch correctly exactly once. I was able to connect to the shed and play for a while, but at least 30 attempts since then have given this error. I've tried un/re-installing steam, and of course rebooting. nothing has seemed to help so far. Anyone have any ideas?

Please?

Dell XPS 1710 | T7600G 2.33 | NVIDIA 7950GTX 512MB | 4GB | 160GB @ 7200rpm | Bluetooth

Quote Originally Posted by drlouis
    I'm getting the following error when I try to run steam, but it did, oddly enough, launch correctly exactly once. I was able to connect to the shed and play for a while, but at least 30 attempts since then have given this error. I've tried un/re-installing steam, and of course rebooting. nothing has seemed to help so far. Anyone have any ideas?

Please?

I would say try reinstalling steam, since that looks like a driver error from the program itself, but you had no luck. I'm sure someone else smarter than I has some advice for you though, sorry I couldn't help. GL with getting back into the sheds! :banana:

roflmyspace

wii friend code:2668-0266-1784-3270

Quote Originally Posted by Chainsodomy
    I would say try reinstalling steam, since that looks like a driver error from the program itself, but you had no luck. I'm sure someone else smarter than I has some advice for you though, sorry I couldn't help. GL with getting back into the sheds! :banana:
    Quote Originally Posted by drlouis

Please?

:banawave: sorry to hear that, doc. i don't know what you can do, though. try doing what chain said and hope for the best... good luck.

Interplanetary Ninja Assassin yankeeDEUCE's Avatar
    Verify integrity of game cache

1. Load Steam
    2. From the My Games tab, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
    4. Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes. Do not verify the cache files for multiple games simultaneously - as some games share cache files with other games, this may cause problems with verification.
    5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.

Jawbone Collector in Chief
    yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

Thanks for the idea, but....

Quote Originally Posted by YankeeDeuce
    Verify integrity of game cache

1. Load Steam
    2. From the My Games tab, right-click on the game and select Properties from the menu.
    3. Select the Local files tab and click the Verify integrity of game cache... button.
    4. Steam will verify the game cache files (GCF's) - this process may take several minutes. Do not verify the cache files for multiple games simultaneously - as some games share cache files with other games, this may cause problems with verification.
    5. Once the process is completed, the Check Window will automatically exit.
    I am unable to get this far...

Dell XPS 1710 | T7600G 2.33 | NVIDIA 7950GTX 512MB | 4GB | 160GB @ 7200rpm | Bluetooth

then I don't know. Try reinstalling it in a different directory maybe?

yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

then I don't know. Try reinstalling it in a different directory maybe?
    uninstalled, made sure steam folder was deleted and reinstalled to new folder. now it's working! :bow: <-- gah! no :bow: smilie!

Thank you!

now I just need to redownload all the games...

:notworthy

Code:

Glad it worked :thumbup:

yankeeDEUCE.com

| |
    |

i like that one :notworthy
    Opty 165 @2.8ghz| 74gb Raptor | DFI NF4 Ultra D |Corsair 620w HX | Antec P160W | 2x 1GB OCZ DDR500 Gold Edition @ 275mhz | NEC-3550 | eVGA 7950GT KO | X-FI XtremeMusic | Logitech 5.1 Z-5300e | Acer AL2032WA 20" | Swiftech GPU + CPU WC Loop | PCIE TV Tuner

Code:

Glad it worked :thumbup:
    weeelllll.... I just went to start downloading the game files again... and I got that same stinkin' error again!

Page 1 of 3 12 ... LastLast