Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Admin responses only

Afghanistan [AF]
    Bob

Admin responses only

I hate that only admins can respond in the admin section. I understand the reason behind it but sometimes it can help if someone posts and tells what else they should include so the admin has everything there when he reviews the post. And other times you just have to point out what a racist ass they are. (considering that is what they usually get banned for). And just to throw a suggestion out there I believe that people should get one warning (and only one warning) about racism before they get banned. However they should only recieve this warning if that person seems like a nice competitior and not some person that is doing it on purpose just to piss someone off. And if its one of those people that don't get along with others, no warning, instant ban. eh Just a thought. I'm done later

Can only admins respond to this thread due to the name of the thread?

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeShark View Post
    rofl we're all 69 at heart

:dunno:

Afghanistan [AF]
    Bob
    I personally don't care who responds I just want to see what everyone else thinks about the subject.

if you have something to add you can always PM one of the specific game admins (found on the Staff page) with your side of the story.

thanks

Afghanistan [AF]
    Bob
    Its not that I really have anything to really add its just that sometimes you see these claims about how "it was my brother" or "it was my friend" and I for some odd reason want to tell them that it doesn't really matter. Its just sometimes you really want to say something. Its like people who don't support the war (totally different subject, i know) and therefore dont support the war. And you really want to say something but you can't lol

And I just thought about how this could be misunderstood and its not meant to be an attack. As many know I love Sr and their admins (especially when admins show hackers what their console can do) that was meant to be a joke. "What phil you want me to keep my dayjob?" Don't worry I have no intention of quiting. ( i'm a really bad comedian)
    Last edited by Bob; 02-25-2007 at 07:05 PM.

i dont want to speak for the admins with regard to telling people what to include. but there are threads in there now that have (or had, if craig or someone delted the posts) that just had people having a conversation. and pointing out to someone how racist they are in a thread they made will only cause people to start throwing insults. also, admin only allows that person to easily know what post is relevant since it has to be an admin.

with respect to warning, i will alos have to disagree. there is no reason to be a racist. it is just stupid to use a slur, and there is no way you can be a nice competitor if you use one. hell, i wouldnt unban the people who come here and say sorry, which sometimes happens. (that is they get unbanned)
    aka MOJO (commence lag-out)
    aka Hal 9000

Here comes the BOOM! Switchblade's Avatar
    I would say that if you have something to contribute to the issue concerning said person, then post it. However if you're just saying your opinion on the matter, then I'd have to say don't post. Like if someone had a demo and it was very short, and you had a long demo, you could post a reply with that additional information in it.

Oh yes, I'm not sure if the admins are alright with this, but if someone didn't know how to take a demo or get a screenshot or where to upload it, then I would say that it would be alright to post explaining to the person how to do so. That's my opinion, so I'm not saying go do that at will whenever you wish. Make sure it's cool with admins before you start doin a ton of stuff like that
    Last edited by Switchblade; 02-25-2007 at 07:07 PM.
    Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Afghanistan [AF]
    Bob
    I agree with you where racial slurs are not called for. However if your around people who say it all day it might slip (half of my school is African American) although I don't say it. I guess the point i'm trying to make is that in some cases people should be allowed a second chance. (I know this could possibly cause a few problems but its just my opinion). And for the things to include some people don't include steam id's or names and I think that people should be able to tell them to include those things so when an admin gets around to it they can resolve the issue quickly.

I used to reply in the admin section if an admin hadn't come in yet. I'd always get scolded afterwards.

Page 1 of 5 12 ... LastLast