Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: America's Army Gets Virtual

America's Army Gets Virtual

Overview:
    The Virtual Army Experience (VAE) provides participants with a virtual "test drive" of the Army, with a focus on operations in the Global War on Terrorism. The core of the 10,000+ square foot VAE is the America's Army: Special Forces (Overmatch) computer game, rendered with state of-the-art Army training simulation technology to create a life-size, networked virtual world. The VAE highlights key Soldier occupations, Army technologies, operating environments and mission profiles, within a fast-paced, action-packed, information-rich experience that immerses visitors in the world of Soldiering in the U.S. Army...

To read about this Virtual Army Experience visit America's Army - Virtual Army Experience™
    and to download the newest version of America's Army FOR FREE visit America's Army - Special Forces - Home Page
    America's Army is a great realistic FPS game, simulating the army experience, and development of the game is paid for by our taxes. I would love to get a mini AA (America's Army) branch of sR going so we could play together and perhaps in the future get an AA honor server running America's Army Honor - Register Honor Server . The game also has an official tracking website which tracks everything from your specific weapon accuracy to your number of team kills, on America's Army Tracker
    Many distinguished Army, Navy, Marines, and Air Force veterans and active members play the game as well, enhancing the Army experience! Let me know what you guys think of the game America's Army, if you play it or not, and why. After all, it is arguably the best free game out there...any interest?

Z
    Am I the only person here who thinks motivation is an army recruiter after that post?

uzumaki...
    ...spiraling into madness

Registered User Squirr3l_Ma5t3r's Avatar
    I'm with you Zeiram.

hahaha I'm far from it....I would have told you to visit GoArmy.com if that were the case...I just like the game and would love to have more of us playing it..because I feel it is an underrated free game...I'm not trying to recruit you into the Army...I'm trying to introduce everyone to simulation of the experience via the video game or the virtual reality system they have made. Playing a game that simulates Army weapons and tactics can be very fun...joining the actual Army is another decision that I do not plan to delve into...

Hum just don't see many people with perfect grammar, punctuation, etc. around here haha.

mine isn't perfect either...the first bit I copied and pasted from the Virtual Army Experience site and then I just typed a few sentences about the game in the end. Please do not concentrate on my flawless grammar and overlook the whole point of the post, to get strafeRight members to think about playing AA, and to show you guys this cool virtual reality army thing. It's like a computer game, except you aren't confined to a chair and mouse and keyboard. It's the next step toward realism and I bet some of you might need the exercise and or exposure to the real world...if you want a real workout, also consider buying the nintendo wii. lol !

Us AA players have impeccable grammar. We can't help it, we're just awesome like that. :P

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post
    go back to eating your jesus eggs.

I second that*
    AA game handles : AnticipAtioN 59 Honor (SF training completed)
    TheUnsungHero 52 Honor (SF training completed)
    btw. honor is like a ranking system..you get points based on teamwork, staying alive, doing your job as leader, completing objectives, killing enemies, not killing friendlies, reporting enemy locations, etc... you start at 10 honor i think and then the max is 100 honor.

lol nice try...
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmadonRK View Post
    Us AA players have impeccable grammar. We can't help it, we're just awesome like that. :P
    you mean "We AA players..." You wouldn't say "Us have impeccable grammar," you would say "we have impeccable grammar." C'mon now...it's Grammar 101, nominative case. :P
    Last edited by motivation14906; 03-04-2007 at 02:55 PM.

Yeah, that was the point, it's subtle humor. :P That's something us CS players have that AA players need help with. :P

ArmadonRK; I haven't played AA in a while, I believe I'm somewhere around 30 honor.

I've played AA on and off over the years. Started playing in October '02. Haven't played since 2.3, then played it a few weeks ago before my computer exploded.

But I'll be back...

Quote Originally Posted by DWall View Post
    go back to eating your jesus eggs.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast